$60 for 10gb

$60 for 10gb

$60 for 10gb

monicapacheco
I'm a Participant Level 2

$60 for 10gb

Just wondering if anyone knows why I would have to pay $300 something when I try to switch to this plan? I currently have a $55 loyalty plan. Wanting to save myself a call to fido because wait times have been crazy

2 REPLIES 2
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

you are on a 2 year plan, you can renew your phone every 2 years and all the other details remain the same of this plan.  but... the plan will cost more for you, its $85 dollars.   the plan costs $60 for people who do not need to upgrade and will obtain the phone themself or buy it outright (pay the full outrite cost, or buy one second hand or have a family member give them an unused phone)

some people will be happy to pay the $300 penalty to move from 2 year to byop, then get the 10 gig plan, then months later will break their phone, want to buy a new one, realize they are on byop and do not get discounts with their plan and wont dare want to spend $1500 on a i phone x, so they will then chaneg their plan to a similar in market plan, which will end up costing them $85 or more per month. I predict a lot of people will go thru this and think they are saving money and just be spending more and more, welcome to fake competition.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@monicapacheco its most likely you are currently in a contract and you would need to pay off the contract before you can switch tot he $60 10gb plan. 

The $60 10gb plan is a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) plan and would not be eligible for any phone upgrades.

Fido is also offer the same plan for $85 and you would be able to get a phone upgrade or switch to that with out incurring any fees depending on the type of plan you currently have.