5$ Value Pack

5$ Value Pack

5$ Value Pack

SOLVED
sash
I'm a Participant Level 2

5$ Value Pack

Could you please tell me whether in 5$ Value Pack, text messages with in Canada are included or not ? As from your website, it is not clear. It says unlimited messages to US and International mobile phone. It does not say about text messages within Canada are included.

Accepted Solution

Re: 5$ Value Pack

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Hey @Cawtau 

If someone doesn't have Canadian texting included in their plan, they'll need to subscribe to a text message option as we do not offer a value pack offering the service. Smiley

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi @sash Yes it also includes Canada.

sash

I contacted Fido representative day before yesterday, first she said it is included, when I asked to double check it, then she said it is not included. I again contacted  Fido today on chat, she said first it is included, then she said it is not included. I am not getting confirmed answer whether Value Pack 5$ includes text messages within Canada or not.

@sash wrote:

I contacted Fido representative day before yesterday, first she said it is included, when I asked to double check it, then she said it is not included. I again contacted  Fido today on chat, she said first it is included, then she said it is not included. I am not getting confirmed answer whether Value Pack 5$ includes text messages within Canada or not.

Hello Sash,

Welcome to the community!

You are correct in that the website specifies US and international text messaging -- even in the fine print. I suspect that is because most of the plans now include unlimited messaging to/from Canada. Do you have a current plan or a grandfathered plan? You might consider sending a moderator a PM. They will be able to access your account information and give you options which best suit your needs.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Cheers

sash

I have old plan which does not include text messages. Does 5$ value plan includes within  canada text messages?

That should be indicated on your bill, usually on page 3, with the list of your plan 😃 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look!

Hello FidoCatherine,

Could you please verify the situation for the rest of us? As it is currently written, the value pack does not include Canada to Canada text messaging. 

For someone with a plan without Canadian texting, is there a different value pack option available that would include it? Or would they have to get the $10/mt texting add-on?

Cheers

Hey @Cawtau 

If someone doesn't have Canadian texting included in their plan, they'll need to subscribe to a text message option as we do not offer a value pack offering the service. Smiley

Hello FidoAlyson,

Thanks for the verification/clarification!

Cheers

Hi there @sash

Thanks for joining the Fido Community 😃 

The details of your options should be listed on your bill, on the right of the page with your Fido number. 

To view or print your detailed online bill:

- Click on "Billing & Payments"

- Select the month you'd like to see in the drop-down list

- Scroll down & click on "Save / Print this bill (PDF)" 

If the "Premium International Rate" is included, it'll be listed there 😃 

Are you able to find the information on your bill?