$5 Credit SCAM

$5 Credit SCAM

$5 Credit SCAM

ivonnemariana
I'm a Participant Level 1

$5 Credit SCAM

Last September (2016), I was up for my renewal and I was debating to renew or transfer to WIND Mobile (now Freedom Mobile). I was speaking with a CSR and he sold me over a plan that has a bonus 1GB of data plus he said he will add $5 credit to my plan for the contract period. I am a long term customer since 2007 so that is 10 years wow! Then my first invoice came and I noticed the $5 credit was not applied, contacted CSR again then I was informed that the previous CSR made a mistake, he was not authorized to add the $5 credit, that there was no such credit available for my plan, blah blah blah the excuses go on and on. Then I told them that is not my fault or my problem that your staff made a mistake and that I only agreed to renew based on the terms that I was informed which included the 1 GB bonus data and the $5 credit! Then after continuous push backs, they CSR finally gave me $5 credits over 6 months period. They said that the system will only allow credit up to 6 months period and then I will have to call back to renew the credits (I should have known at this point that this was fishy). So now 6 months is up and I called CSR to add the $5 credit and the SAME **bleep** THING! No such thing as credit allowed in your plan, you have the best plan, etc etc. I told them then take out airtime from my plan or data I don't need it just give me the credit. They insist no you can't, and what do you wan't now, there is nothing you can do. This is how they treat long term customer. I will raise this to the President of Fido then the Ombusdmen if this cannot be resolved. All I am asking is what I was promised when I renewed my contract, which is the $5 credit for my contract term. If this was not feasible then I will gladly switch to another carrier however, it would be unfair for FIDO to charge me termination fee when this was their error to begin with. I have been so unhappy with this process, their customer service has gone downhill since when I first started with Fido. Lesson learn, do not renew with Fido again no matter what promises they say they will give you because they will then say that it was a mistake. ARGH! So angry at Fido!

1 REPLY 1
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @ivonnemariana !

Wow 10 years! That 's amazing! We're so happy to have you part of our Fido family. I'm really sad to learn about this experience and it's really not how we want you to feel. I'm sending you a PM so we can look into this together! Smiley