4GB/$40

4GB/$40

4GB/$40

SOLVED
CynthiaWen
I'm a Participant Level 1

4GB/$40

Hi,I heard that the 4GB/$40 plan    will increase next month. Its really unacceptable!I just want to know if I can get $5 discount to keep my $40 plan as long as you can. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: 4GB/$40

Solved by Moderator

Hey @CynthiaWen!

I definitely get where you're coming from and I'd love the chance to give you some more information on this!

I assure you that we try to keep our prices as low as possible, and we also understand how important wireless services are to all our customers, especially in today's world. We do sometimes have to take a second look at prices so we can continue giving you the quality services you’ve come to expect of us. This means that we regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment and so that we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. Very_Happy

That said, the increase is not something we can avoid but rest assured that you'll continue to benefit from a very competitive plan and that we'll continue to offer you top-notch service on all our customer care platforms Smiley

I hope this gives some insight in regards to the price change, let us know if you have other questions!

View solution in context
14 REPLIES 14
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello,

It was my understanding that the 4Gb for $40 promotional offer in response to Public Mobile's offer included unlimited Province-wide calling. Fido later followed with a different promotional offer of 4Gb for $45. The difference between the two being the latter having unlimited Canada-wide calling. Note Public Mobile's promotional offers still only include Province-wide calling.

Does the five dollar increase correspond with the addition of Canada-wide calling? It would make sense since all of Fido's plans now include Canada-wide calling.

Just a thought...

Cheers

RG20

How is this possible ?

I have a contract for $40 a month , how can you up the price like this?

NO WHERE on the contract mentiones anything about rates going up after certain time .

I asked the representatives at FIDO and they said you are signing for $40 a month and this will be the price as long as you have this plan.

I called FIDO couple of times and the representative told me you go to a grocery store and see prices go up and we are the same and we can increase the prices like grocery store.

FYI , we don't sign an agreement with grocery store that we buy the milk or meat at a certain price dear FIDO.

The reason FIDO posted the announcement on the fourth and fifth page is because they don't want customers to know and figure out whats happening.

This is %100 wrong and unacceptable.

Find another way to make money FIDO.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @RG20 ,

Thanks for reaching out about this! I moved your post to this thread as you can find relevant information to your question. 

The $40 plan is a Bring Your Own Phone plan and is not on a contract. For your month-to-month services, we can adjust the price in accordance with our terms of service and let you know at least 30 days in advance.  

Don't hesitate if you have other questions.

gesquive

So you all know the $40 for 4GB plan you got duped into getting went up by $5, seemingly without notice. 

I could not find an e-mail between my last $40 bill and new $45 bill in my inbox informing me of the change. Nor did I receive any "texts" from Fido informing me, and trust me, I'm always on my phone.

My complaint comes from the lack of transparency these big companies always have, and I feel like an **bleep** for falling for it. I will be going back to Freedom Mobile once my cycle ends. I was with them for a couple years beforehand with NO price increases and no added fees, even if the cell service isnt to die for, at least the company was honest, and that's something I value greatly as a customer.

"We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment. This is so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. "

You guys are not exactly giving us the best possible customer experience by randomly increasing prices all the time. It almost seems like a lie. I hope this reaches whoever needs to see this to TRULY give other Fido customers the best possible experience.

Hey gesquive!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. You'll be able to find all the info you need about this right here. Smiley 

That said, we'd hate to see you go! Let us know if you need our help and we'll shoot you a PM. 

csis
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I wonder why when other carriers like Freedom and Public are lowering their monthly plan prices, Fido suddenly raises its $40 to $45?  That's more than 10% increase Sad

Hey @csis!

I moved your post over to this thread. Check out my answer above for some insight behind the increase.

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

I thought Fido allows us to keep our grandfathered plans and the base price of our plan would never increase?

This information conflicts with a thread I posted in the Fido community years ago which confirmed Fido would never increase the base price of my grandfathered plan, excluding add-ons, recurring bill credits, etc. Link: http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/6307

I'm not on the 4GB/$40 plan but what is the implication for other customers with grandfathered plans...I have the $39 Smart plan from the past...does Fido have the ability to raise my base plan price? I checked my August invoice and there was no message about a price increase? Is this a price increase only for the 4GB/$40 plan holders? If so, why just them and how can Fido increase the base price plan if its grandfathered?

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @nick67

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with this. The term grandfathered plans only applies to plans that were originally taken with agreement but isn't applicable to BYOP plans. 

We're always working on keeping our prices as low as possible, but we sometimes need to apply changes. In those cases, we make sure to keep our customers in the loop through bill messages. 

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thanks @FidoPierre for clarifying that...makes sense. My $39 Smart plan is grandfathered, but BYOP plans are not considered grandfathered.

csis
I'm a Contributor Level 2

what surprises me most is when I called Fido two weeks ago about an email fido sent out, I was offered the $55 for 6GB promotion but was not warned about the upcoming price increase from $40 to $45.

FidoNick

Hey @CynthiaWen!

I definitely get where you're coming from and I'd love the chance to give you some more information on this!

I assure you that we try to keep our prices as low as possible, and we also understand how important wireless services are to all our customers, especially in today's world. We do sometimes have to take a second look at prices so we can continue giving you the quality services you’ve come to expect of us. This means that we regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment and so that we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. Very_Happy

That said, the increase is not something we can avoid but rest assured that you'll continue to benefit from a very competitive plan and that we'll continue to offer you top-notch service on all our customer care platforms Smiley

I hope this gives some insight in regards to the price change, let us know if you have other questions!

AllisonBB

I agree with CynthiaWen. When were we notified that the price was going up?  I don't appreciate finding out about it when I received my phone bill.  I've been with FIDO for over 15 years, but this is not a move that is giving me much incentive to continue being a loyal customer. 

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @AllisonBB,

Welcome to the Community! 

You’ve received a bill message on your August bill, it will show on the page for the overview of the cellphone number that is impacted, not on the general account overview page.

The message starts with “Your wireless plan rate is increasing”. We definitely value all of our customers and appreciate customer loyalty but this price increase applies to everyone with this plan.