$40/mo when switching from prepaid

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
awkwardcheez
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've been on Fido's prepaid service for years. I'm not glued to my phone like a lot of people so the prepaid has worked out to be cheaper for me. Ever since I got a smartphone, I've logged my calls and texts (by-the-minute/flat rate data add-on) so I'll know if/when it's worth it to switch. I occasionally check the monthly plans (including prepaid by-the-month options) and anything that suits my needs would cost me more than I'm currently paying on average.

So I received an exclusive offer via text and email to switch to a monthly plan for $40/month - unlimited talk and text plus 1GB data. I've been debating this. I thought I'd make the switch, but then I keep putting it off. My monthly cost can vary quite a bit, but I spend about $36 on average. Trending upwards though. (Yes, I overanalyze everything.) My 500MB data add-on is typically enough, although at times it's just enough. The nice thing about the prepaid service though is that if you go over your data, you pay per MB, so a little extra is no big deal. The trade off for a little more money is basically the data. If I don't switch, there will likely come a time when I'm averaging $40/month anyway, or I may regularly need more than 500MB of data.

I'm procrastinating but I only have a few more days before the offer expires. I think I'm just hesitant because I can't help but wonder if there's some catch. I wouldn't want to find out that I'd only pay this price for a few months or something. I don't know whether I'd have to agree to a term or not. I'm just wondering if anyone here can give a bit of insight first - whether it's someone from Fido, or someone who received a similar offer and switched. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: $40/mo when switching from prepaid

Solved by Moderator

Hi @awkwardcheez

No catch, really Smiley You'd keep the plan for as long as you'd want it. You'd have to go to a different plan if ever you want to benefit from a phone upgrade with a contract. 

I hope this answers Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoFaiza

Hi @awkwardcheez

No catch, really Smiley You'd keep the plan for as long as you'd want it. You'd have to go to a different plan if ever you want to benefit from a phone upgrade with a contract. 

I hope this answers Smiley

awkwardcheez
I'm a Participant Level 2

Well that's good to know. I guess what you're saying is the Plus10 (etc) wouldn't apply here. I'd have to pay for the phone on prepaid, so that makes no difference, really. I shouldn't be needing a new phone anytime soon anyway. Thanks.

You got it, @awkwardcheez Smiley