$40/mo when switching from prepaid

Service interruption

We sincerely apologize to our customers. Especially during these times, we know connectivity is critical and are working hard to restore services for customers who continue to experience wireless interruptions. Residential wireline internet services are not impacted. We will continue to provide updates. Please follow this thread for updates.

SOLVED
awkwardcheez
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've been on Fido's prepaid service for years. I'm not glued to my phone like a lot of people so the prepaid has worked out to be cheaper for me. Ever since I got a smartphone, I've logged my calls and texts (by-the-minute/flat rate data add-on) so I'll know if/when it's worth it to switch. I occasionally check the monthly plans (including prepaid by-the-month options) and anything that suits my needs would cost me more than I'm currently paying on average.

So I received an exclusive offer via text and email to switch to a monthly plan for $40/month - unlimited talk and text plus 1GB data. I've been debating this. I thought I'd make the switch, but then I keep putting it off. My monthly cost can vary quite a bit, but I spend about $36 on average. Trending upwards though. (Yes, I overanalyze everything.) My 500MB data add-on is typically enough, although at times it's just enough. The nice thing about the prepaid service though is that if you go over your data, you pay per MB, so a little extra is no big deal. The trade off for a little more money is basically the data. If I don't switch, there will likely come a time when I'm averaging $40/month anyway, or I may regularly need more than 500MB of data.

I'm procrastinating but I only have a few more days before the offer expires. I think I'm just hesitant because I can't help but wonder if there's some catch. I wouldn't want to find out that I'd only pay this price for a few months or something. I don't know whether I'd have to agree to a term or not. I'm just wondering if anyone here can give a bit of insight first - whether it's someone from Fido, or someone who received a similar offer and switched. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: $40/mo when switching from prepaid

Solved by Moderator

Hi @awkwardcheez

No catch, really Smiley You'd keep the plan for as long as you'd want it. You'd have to go to a different plan if ever you want to benefit from a phone upgrade with a contract. 

I hope this answers Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoFaiza

Hi @awkwardcheez

No catch, really Smiley You'd keep the plan for as long as you'd want it. You'd have to go to a different plan if ever you want to benefit from a phone upgrade with a contract. 

I hope this answers Smiley

awkwardcheez
I'm a Participant Level 2

Well that's good to know. I guess what you're saying is the Plus10 (etc) wouldn't apply here. I'd have to pay for the phone on prepaid, so that makes no difference, really. I shouldn't be needing a new phone anytime soon anyway. Thanks.

You got it, @awkwardcheez Smiley