$25 upgrade fee even when paying full price for a phone!

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
Kenny13
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just bought the new Iphone 8 and had to pick it up at the store. At the same time, i had to pay for it in the store.

Because of this, I am charged a $25 upgrade fee.

How is this an upgrade? I am not getting any discounts on it.

On the website, promo page, they say if you buy online, you get to waive the $25 fee.  But this is for a new phone that I had reserved.  WHen I got to the store, i wanted to have the phone added to my bill, but instead, had to pay on the spot.

This is really outrageous as I could have bought the same phone at Apple, for the same price, without any fees.

Accepted Solution

Re: $25 upgrade fee even when paying full price for a phone!

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @Kenny13,

If you buy online meaning you purchase online and have it shipped to you then the fee is waived, what you did was used the online reservation system to reserve the phone at a store so you are not buying it online you are actually purchasing the phone from the store you made the reservation for.

Anytime you purchase a phone from a store you always have to pay for it upfront.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Kenny13,

If you buy online meaning you purchase online and have it shipped to you then the fee is waived, what you did was used the online reservation system to reserve the phone at a store so you are not buying it online you are actually purchasing the phone from the store you made the reservation for.

Anytime you purchase a phone from a store you always have to pay for it upfront.

Kenny13
I'm a Contributor Level 1

For the new Iphone 8, there is no option to buy it and shipped to my house.

I can only reserve it and have it shipped to a store.