2 year contracts

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 jjs0891
I'm a Contributor Level 1

2 year contracts

if i buy the htc one s or xperia u with a 2-year contract do i have to have a data-plan? I thought data-plans were only required on a 3-year contracts

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 year contracts

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

I used to have a Sony Xperia U myself back in the days, got it at 0$ with a 2 year contact on my old CityFido - no data. It was at that time, same as now, a matter of choosing the price you want to pay on the new phone and what plan you want to match it with.

For specific prices and details always keep an eye on fido.ca/shop and you will see a few price options for almost each handset.

I hope it helps!

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

You will need to get a smart plan that includes data if you want the subsidized pricing for either phones. Otherwise, you will be required to pay fully for the phone. You need to watch the wording on the phone. It does say "select" 2 year contracts. And the current plans are really bad (no value whatsoever).

So the current minimums for this is $40-50 for the subsidized pricing. However, it is with their current advertised plans. I don't know if they are still going to allow older customers to HUP on their existing plans with subsidized pricing.

I've posted some information I've gathered on their current lineup in this thread (which phones require what current advertised plans):

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/3928

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Fido Employee FidoCristina
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

I used to have a Sony Xperia U myself back in the days, got it at 0$ with a 2 year contact on my old CityFido - no data. It was at that time, same as now, a matter of choosing the price you want to pay on the new phone and what plan you want to match it with.

For specific prices and details always keep an eye on fido.ca/shop and you will see a few price options for almost each handset.

I hope it helps!

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3