18 Voice message total?

18 Voice message total?

18 Voice message total?

MMB
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

18 Voice message total?

Hi

I get a text alert from "18" and it says 'voice mesg notice total 1 (0 urg.)'  However, when I phone my voice mail there is no mesg?  There are no calls listed as being received? Does anyone know what this is and why?

Also how do I know what number a voice mesg is from? If the call is from outside Canada, I understand that I would be charged for listening to the voice message. - can you confirm if this is correct?

Thanks,
MMB

2 REPLIES 2
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @MMB

You should be able to get the number of the people leaving you the message either in the text or while listening to the message.  Listening to your messages will count as airtime, but you can also use a different to check these. You would simply have to follow these steps:

1- Call you Fido number

2- At greeting message, press#

3- Enter access code then press# 

I'll send you a PM so we can check out this text message you are receiving. It seems like it may be a technical issue if you have no voice messages and still getting the text. 

The reason why I think your vm are not there is because .. Correct me if I'm wrong but your using vm to text or have a value pack.. And if you do saves as mms to your phone to listen any time and usually will clear vm box .. It your calling your vm and in mid listen hit 5 will give you time and date and number they call from