$12 a day roaming

$12 a day roaming

SOLVED
G_W
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

$12 a day roaming

I am confused by this!

It appears that even if I only want to send a text once in a while I will get charged $ every day there is "any usage detected" even if the text would only have cost a few cents.

I have celular data turned off

It seem a good deal if one is a heavy user, but not for intermittent light use

Question:  Exactly what uses activate it to start billing the 24 hrs for $12? 

If Someone calls the phone and it goes to voice mail?

If Someone texts me?

If I text someone?

Fido - answer previously "As far as the charge goes, it's $12 per 24 hours. Rest assured though, we only bill you if there's any usage detected through the Fido SIM card in your device."

Accepted Solution

Re: $12 a day roaming

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello G_W,

Welcome to the community!

Just to re-iterate, you will be charged once every 24 hours on the days you use your device to make or receive a call, send a text message or use data while abroad (taken from here). As previously mentioned, the data within a MMS would be considered roaming data.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:...If you receive a call and reject or deny the call, it will trigger the daily charge because by rejecting or denying the call, you are forwarding the call to your voicemail via a foreign network...

Apparently, rejecting or denying a call will no longer trigger the Fido Roam charge (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @G_W,

If you receive a SMS from anywhere that will not trigger the Fido Roam charge, receiving the text notification of a MMS will also not trigger the daily charge but downloading the associated data from the MMS will trigger the daily charge, it is considered roaming data. 

If you receive a call from anywhere and do not answer (ie let the phone ring out), it will not trigger the charge.

If you receive a call and reject or deny the call, it will trigger the daily charge because by rejecting or denying the call, you are forwarding the call to your voicemail via a foreign network.

If you let the phone ring out it is as if the phone is not reachable and therefore the call gets forwarded to your voicemail via the Fido network and will not trigger the Fido Roam.

Hello G_W,

Just to re-iterate, you will be charged once every 24 hours on the days you use your device to make or receive a call, send a text message or use data while abroad (taken from here). As previously mentioned, the data within a MMS would be considered roaming data.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:...If you receive a call and reject or deny the call, it will trigger the daily charge because by rejecting or denying the call, you are forwarding the call to your voicemail via a foreign network...

Apparently, rejecting or denying a call will no longer trigger the Fido Roam charge (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers