10GB for $60/mo promotion

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was looking to switch to this plan. Do I just select the 5GB Pulse plan option for $60 and the bonus 5GB will be added for the next 24 months? It doesn't mention the bonus anywhere once I get to the final checkout. Wanted to be sure I'm selecting the correct plan. Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion

Solved by Moderator

Hey everyone! I wanted to provide an update that we have regarding this offer Smiley

We're aware that some customers may be missing the 5GB bonus, but there's no need to worry!

At the moment we're working on adding the missing data for everyone who's impacted! We're also going to be adjusting all overages (up to 10GB) Smiley

There's no need to contact us, all of this is done automatically on our end! Very_Happy

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
486 REPLIES 486
I'm a Participant Level 3

It would be nice if we could get through to an agent to get this done 😃

However at the moment that doesn't seem to be the case.

I called into the 611 number on my exisiting Fido phone and waited 1.5 hours on hold but finally got through and was able to actually able to speak to a rep and change my plan. The rep was very pleasant and helpful. 

@kkkkkkkkkkkk  Agreed

hi, I was thinking to get that plan online, does it still shows only 5gb in your account?

Not showing the 5gb bonus!Not showing the 5gb bonus!

I'm a Contributor Level 2

If you signed for this 10GB plan and you already have a previous plan then to see changes in the purchased plan you need to wait till the next billing cycle and you will see the 10GB 

I see, thanks!

I will wait on the line until someone pick me up:smileyindifferent:

I'm a Participant Level 1

Just wait on the line, give some patience. I waited for 1 hour and 15 minutes and the plan was changed. They clarified it as 5gb with 5gb extra from Fido permanently. The reason is becasue Bell screwed them over by offering a more competitive deal. That is why Rogers and Fido had to make last minute changes over the past few days. They are doing considerable well at the moment. Call them and wait if you want to stay with Fido. If not switch to another company and pay for the extra activation fee.

I'm Qualified Level 3

If you log into My Account via Fido.ca, you can change your plan to the 5GB BYOD for $60. If I change my plan on Fido.ca, will I also get the 5GB bonus for as long as I keep my plan? Can an agent confirm this please? Where can I get proof it's 10GB for $60 before giving up my grandfathered plan I currently have?

@kkkkkkkkkkkk that's because they are flooded with everyone trying to get this plan even the kiosk at the mall have long lines.

I tried to sign up for the 10GB for $60/month promotion. I am a current Fido customer and I tried changing my plan online but the Fido website kept crashing. The website suggest to call or visit a store, so I did, and went to the store thinking it would be the fastest way. I got there and they said their system was down.. so I hung around a bit to see if they could get their system back up and running. Walked around and came back. I saw there was a line forming so I waited over an hour in line, but as soon as it was my turn, the clerk says “we can’t change your plan here you have to call.” I have been calling Fido for the past 2 days and have waited more than 5 hours on hold and still no success!!! Fido please answer your phone or at least let people change their plans in stores. 

Just an update on my predicament. I called Fido again on Dec 20, 2017 asking for the 10GB for $60 promotion. The automatic machine tells me there's a 6-9min wait time (which I was incredibly shocked about because I couldn't get through all morning). I waited.................. and 1 hour later, I finally had a real person say "Hello." I was ecstatic! I kept thanking the girl for picking up the phone. However, since the promotion ended on Dec 19, 2017, she said she couldn't offer it to me anymore. I was a little sad, but I understand since I know how promotions work. Instead, I asked for the $45 for 3GB plan, but she said I was not eligible for it. Something to do with my contract not ending in until April 2018, in which case I would have to upgrade to a new phone which cancels the BYOP promotion.... long story short she couldn't offer me the $45 for 3GB plan nor the $60 for 10GB promo. All I could say was "Oh...... :'(". I wasn't angry. I didn't yell at her for not picking up the phone sooner. I was just really sad. I guess she could tell by the tone of my voice so she had a look into my account and noticed that I had tried to change my plan online to the 10GB for $60 promo on Dec 18, 2017. I was so close to changing it too. I clicked on everything including the "I agree to the terms and conditions" and when I clicked "check out" the website crashed. I guess it got saved on my account because she saw it and said since I had been trying to get the promotion she will give it to me. I was so happy I actually cried (tears of joy). I went on to thank her even more. It definitely made my day!!!! Just keep trying guys :). You will succeed!

I'm Experienced Level 3

This is a beautiful story, and thank god they can see you attempted to change it online! 

I'm a Contributor Level 1

Mine still says 5GB. I intend to probably blow through that limit, the 10GB actually still applies right?

Even though the plan expired at midnight, they will still honour it if you get through.  I finally got through this morning, and was on hold for 2 hours, but they changed it for me.

I was on a two year term, but I paid my phone off to take this plan.

Trying for two days to change to this plan. I can’t get through on the phone and can’t change my plan online either!!! Fido fail!!

I’ve been a customer for 15 years and sometimes don’t know why I stay with this kind of “service”. I’m going to change if they don’t honour this deal. 

My plan is only showing I have 5 gb in the Fido app.

I spoke with an agent today and he indicated that the original 10 GB plan was to be rolled out in select provinces only. Because it’s been changed to a national promotion and because the 24 mo term was removed, the bonus data must be added manually. So any switch made online will not reflect the bonus data until it’s added manually. If you can speak with an agent, it can be done immediately.

Disconnected on phone again. Call centres closed now.

No reply on Messenger last 2 days.

Can't see the Plan on the BYOD page (even if I click left).

Currently on a $50/3GB (1GB + 2GB bonus) plan.

Missed the $40 Promo a few months ago because couldn't get through as well.

What on earth do I have to do to change a simple phone plan?

There is a $40 plan for 4gb plan and its available until the 31st. 

I'm a Participant Level 1

I was on live chat with Maureen and got through confirming my identity and she was just about to switch me over when it got disconnected. So frustrating! I might have to switch phone companies after 13 years of loyalty to Fido. Very disappointing...