10GB for $60/mo promotion

SOLVED
riqis
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was looking to switch to this plan. Do I just select the 5GB Pulse plan option for $60 and the bonus 5GB will be added for the next 24 months? It doesn't mention the bonus anywhere once I get to the final checkout. Wanted to be sure I'm selecting the correct plan. Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion

Solved by Former Moderator FidoNick

Hey everyone! I wanted to provide an update that we have regarding this offer Smiley

We're aware that some customers may be missing the 5GB bonus, but there's no need to worry!

At the moment we're working on adding the missing data for everyone who's impacted! We're also going to be adjusting all overages (up to 10GB) Smiley

There's no need to contact us, all of this is done automatically on our end! Very_Happy

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
486 REPLIES 486
oceans666

I've been with Fido since 2000. I also feel like this is so unreasonable. I should be able to call next week when the lines aren't busy and tell them I would like my 10gb for $60 now and it should still be offered to me since I've been a loyal customer for 17 years.

Chalie
I'm a Participant Level 3

I hope this wait is because I am in a long queue. If fido system is completely down, I hope they annouce it through twitter so I don't need to keep waiting. It has been almost 3 hours since I am on hold waiting. Is 3 hours of wait possible?

Svoiss

Past 3 hours for myself waiting 

Chalie

Svoiss, please let us know when you get through since you are obviously ahead. Let us know that they are in fact still taking calls

Svoiss

Charlie - 3hours and 25 min in.  Got disconnected.  

melisac

Called 60 plus times, finally got put on hold, forty minutes in it hung up

Laia1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I hope it works for you 🙏 good luck 🙏

Laia1

Hear :ear: you 😐 Good luck 🙏

FidoStephen
Community Manager

@LucyZ wrote:

Hello 

I just called and changed my plan for 60 dollars 10g. However customer service said the 10g only lasts 24month, I explained to her that online forum said it's ongoing, but she said only 24months. I changed my plan anyway! But I am now so confused about this now! I need an official answer! 

Hi @LucyZ, the 5GB bonus does not expire after 24 months. You'll keep it for as long as you have your plan.

LucyZ

Hello 

I just called and changed my plan for 60 dollars 10g. However customer service said the 10g only lasts 24month, I explained to her that online forum said it's ongoing, but she said only 24months. I changed my plan anyway! But I am now so confused about this now! I need an official answer!

Adriangabs
I'm a Participant Level 1

I want this plan as well. I saw the plan on the list and apparently it's a "lower tier" plan compared to my very old plan which is considered as one of the "Small" plans. 

I am willing to pay for what I owe during my renewal last June. But will I be able to change my phone as well? I really don't like the phone I got last June, anyway. (Huawei GR5)

coolspot
I'm a Contributor Level 2

If I change my plan, will I keep my second line discount?

Laia1

Self serve Fido!?! Buts it’s not working ! Sorry something went wrong pops out ! 

r3habn

I've tried calling in, live chat, messenger, and even went into the store today who redirected me to the phone line which isnt even taking calls (the line just cuts off). How/when can I get in touch with somebody to change my phone plan to this deal?

James1996

Same thing happened with me. Nobody is answering. 

rob14

OK thanks. I had the same questions as @riqis  and @cpinetworks4 since I just changed my plan on fido.ca. @FidoNick thanks for your help, it's been impossible to get in touch with somebody at Fido all day, hopefully the plan I signed up for is the plan I actually wanted and I'll have 10GB of data as long as I'm with Fido.

Cheers!!

Dataop

So I just changed my plan to $60 5gb plus pulse.  So I can expect this to be changed to 10gb latest during next bill cycle? If not will fido still give it to me if I finally manage to connect to the customer service post promotion? I don't mind to wait a little bit but a more definite explanation to how this work will take a lot of worrying off my mind.

Thank you. Merry Xmas

Ckhk604

How do you change the plan at selfserve online?

Go to "change plan" and select BYOD $60 5GB(no mention of 5GB bonus)?

but then this...

FidoNick
Former Moderator

Hey everyone!

Just a small update regarding this offer.

We've made some changes to the offer. The plan is $60 with 5GB with a 5GB attached. The 5GB bonus does not expire after 2 years. It will remain as long as you have the plan. 

The plan can be changed via selfe serve on Fido.ca. You just have to change to the $60 5GB plan and the bonus will be applied on our end automatically. Keep in mind it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the bonus to take effect, but you will definitely get it!

This also applies to anyone who took the offer while it was for just 24 months. Everything will be updated by us and there's no action on your part.

For those having problems changing the plan online, please reach out and we'll help you as soon as we can!

MichaelDimech

Hey @FidoNick, i got the plan on December 18th (have e-mail confirmation that the changes were made to the account) - originally it was showing me the 10 GB online, but now it's back to only showing 5 GB? Will this be added after?

I also added the $5.00 ad on for visiual voice mail - this shouldn't effect me getting the bonus GB right, as nothing was stated online saying that it should.

just want to make sure everything went smoothly.

Cutejazz

I changed it online to the 5GB plan on Sunday, and it still shows 5GB and not 10GB.  Also, my voicemail has stopped working ever since and I have nopt been able to get an agent for DAYS to reset it!?  I need voicemail!