10GB for $60/mo promotion

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 riqis
I'm a Participant Level 2

10GB for $60/mo promotion

I was looking to switch to this plan. Do I just select the 5GB Pulse plan option for $60 and the bonus 5GB will be added for the next 24 months? It doesn't mention the bonus anywhere once I get to the final checkout. Wanted to be sure I'm selecting the correct plan. Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion

Hey everyone! I wanted to provide an update that we have regarding this offer Smiley

We're aware that some customers may be missing the 5GB bonus, but there's no need to worry!

At the moment we're working on adding the missing data for everyone who's impacted! We're also going to be adjusting all overages (up to 10GB) Smiley

There's no need to contact us, all of this is done automatically on our end! Very_Happy

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 487
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 Ckhk604
I'm a Participant Level 3

How do you change the plan at selfserve online?

Go to "change plan" and select BYOD $60 5GB(no mention of 5GB bonus)?

but then this...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 487
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 springbag
I'm a Participant Level 1

i am getting the same message when attempting to change the plan online. frustrating.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 487
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Dataop

So I just changed my plan to $60 5gb plus pulse.  So I can expect this to be changed to 10gb latest during next bill cycle? If not will fido still give it to me if I finally manage to connect to the customer service post promotion? I don't mind to wait a little bit but a more definite explanation to how this work will take a lot of worrying off my mind.

Thank you. Merry Xmas

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 73 of 487
Highlighted

Hey everyone!

Just a small update regarding this offer.

We've made some changes to the offer. The plan is $60 with 5GB with a 5GB attached. The 5GB bonus does not expire after 2 years. It will remain as long as you have the plan. 

The plan can be changed via selfe serve on Fido.ca. You just have to change to the $60 5GB plan and the bonus will be applied on our end automatically. Keep in mind it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the bonus to take effect, but you will definitely get it!

This also applies to anyone who took the offer while it was for just 24 months. Everything will be updated by us and there's no action on your part.

For those having problems changing the plan online, please reach out and we'll help you as soon as we can!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 74 of 487
Highlighted

Keep in mind it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the bonus to take effect, but you will definitely get it!

are you saying first 2-3  months will be 5gb only?

Just checking.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 75 of 487
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Hkuffz

I don't even get a 5 gb plan as an option. I have been attempting all methods of communications types with Fido and haven't connected with anyone since 0900hrs. I even went down to a fido store (yes, I braved an uncessary trip to a mall a week before Christmas) only to be told that I have to contact the customer service people by phone.

I am starting to feel like I have been hoaxed, like they are offering this great plan but you only have a few days to get it and then they will take down thier phone lines and then make it so darn difficult online untill time runs out. Then Fido doesn't lose out on profits and then the customers can get mad all they want but they are stuck with there old plans and now it's too late to switch to another carrier that was offering the same plan.

In today's day and age the fact that they have gone silent on twitter about the issues they are having and there is no warning on thier website, they are just choosing to stay silent. 

10 year fido customer here just voicing some serious concerns!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 76 of 487
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 eket1

>Keep in mind it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the bonus to take effect, but you will definitely get it!

So does that mean for 2-3 months we could have only 5GB and will be charged the overage rate of basically $70/GB???

I just switched from a plan that had MORE than 5GB, and I regularly use MORE than 5GB... So I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do while waiting for the bonus data to get applied. Is there any way to get it done faster? If I call in, will they be able to do it faster? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 77 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 3 mabou

I've been having the same issue since yesterday, and I also braved the mall at Christmas where the store representative laughed at me for coming in.

After attempting all methods of contact with Fido, I contacted Bell, the same offer was set up for me within 20 mins.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 78 of 487
Highlighted

finally got through phone line after 1h+ on hold

switch two of my accounts to this plan:smileytongue:

I asked about 2-3month lag time but rep said no such thing, says 10gb kicks in right away.

Maybe FidoNick could clarify one moe time...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 79 of 487
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

I just switched over the phone but it only shows 5GB as well. He assured me it's 10GB. Just want to confirm?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 80 of 487