10GB for $60/mo promotion

I'm a Participant Level 2 riqis
I'm a Participant Level 2

10GB for $60/mo promotion

I was looking to switch to this plan. Do I just select the 5GB Pulse plan option for $60 and the bonus 5GB will be added for the next 24 months? It doesn't mention the bonus anywhere once I get to the final checkout. Wanted to be sure I'm selecting the correct plan. Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion

Hey everyone! I wanted to provide an update that we have regarding this offer Smiley

We're aware that some customers may be missing the 5GB bonus, but there's no need to worry!

At the moment we're working on adding the missing data for everyone who's impacted! We're also going to be adjusting all overages (up to 10GB) Smiley

There's no need to contact us, all of this is done automatically on our end! Very_Happy

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 487
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Hkuffz

I don't even get a 5 gb plan as an option. I have been attempting all methods of communications types with Fido and haven't connected with anyone since 0900hrs. I even went down to a fido store (yes, I braved an uncessary trip to a mall a week before Christmas) only to be told that I have to contact the customer service people by phone.

I am starting to feel like I have been hoaxed, like they are offering this great plan but you only have a few days to get it and then they will take down thier phone lines and then make it so darn difficult online untill time runs out. Then Fido doesn't lose out on profits and then the customers can get mad all they want but they are stuck with there old plans and now it's too late to switch to another carrier that was offering the same plan.

In today's day and age the fact that they have gone silent on twitter about the issues they are having and there is no warning on thier website, they are just choosing to stay silent. 

10 year fido customer here just voicing some serious concerns!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 76 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 2 eket1

>Keep in mind it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the bonus to take effect, but you will definitely get it!

So does that mean for 2-3 months we could have only 5GB and will be charged the overage rate of basically $70/GB???

I just switched from a plan that had MORE than 5GB, and I regularly use MORE than 5GB... So I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do while waiting for the bonus data to get applied. Is there any way to get it done faster? If I call in, will they be able to do it faster? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 77 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 3 mabou
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've been having the same issue since yesterday, and I also braved the mall at Christmas where the store representative laughed at me for coming in.

After attempting all methods of contact with Fido, I contacted Bell, the same offer was set up for me within 20 mins.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 78 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 3 Ckhk604

finally got through phone line after 1h+ on hold

switch two of my accounts to this plan:smileytongue:

I asked about 2-3month lag time but rep said no such thing, says 10gb kicks in right away.

Maybe FidoNick could clarify one moe time...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 79 of 487
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

I just switched over the phone but it only shows 5GB as well. He assured me it's 10GB. Just want to confirm?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 80 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 2 Hkuffz

You are lucky! I can't even get to the point where I can patiently wait on hold, I just get througha  few prompts then it hangs up on me.... Congrats! At least someone got a killer deal!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 81 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 3 coolspot

@Ckhk604 wrote:

Keep in mind it can take 2-3 billing cycles for the bonus to take effect, but you will definitely get it!

are you saying first 2-3  months will be 5gb only?

Just checking.

Also, the website doesn't say you'll get the 5GB bonus ... on the self-service change plan page. Are we sure the accounts will be updated automatically?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 82 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 2 Dataop

I think if you can just go online and change to the 60 dollar plus pulse plan first because if 2 moderators on this post said we will get it we should take their word for it. Plus other users even managed to contact customer service agents and they assured it will be 10gb although it still says 5gb since these convos are recorded I wouldn't worry about not getting anymore. Plus it is still in the midst of promotion so they may be focusing more on dealing with the people applying. I would say maybe just apply first then call them to inquire about the 5gb.

Merry Xmas

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 83 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 3 alexander1

i am trying to do this in the my account area... 

there is not plan as such ?

help?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 84 of 487
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Mysticone
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I ended up giving up on chatting with a rep after 3hrs waiting. And just changed my plans to the regular $85 5gb plan that they are saying are with the 5gb +5gb bonus promo. Hoping that this is the case. As i am risking heavy fees for nothing otherwise. As i am just changing my plan. I am hoping there are no fees for this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 85 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 3 ChampDon

Here's what I did everyone:

(I'm originally on a BYOD plan so this is from that perspective)

I logged into my account, scrolled down to where I see the button that says my name and has my phone number(with a yellow drawing of a phone on the left, yellow arrow on the right). After, I scrolled down till I saw "Change Plan." Found the $60, 5gb BYOD phone plan. 

If you get an error message like I did, try whole different browser. I was on Chrome, then switched to Microsoft Edge(they finally serve a purpose lol). After you get through, confirm the order and you're good to go. 

After seeing multiple moderators confirm that the $60, 5gb plan is the one that gets the bonus, I trust that. It currently went through for me and I can see that the 5gb has been applied on my account. When I get the bonus, I'll reply with an update.

I hope this helps. Happy Holidays

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 86 of 487
I'm a Contributor Level 1 FrozenCanuc

Dear Fido: Thank you for the 10GB Data Plan you just gave me. You are truly awesome!

Suggestion: Can you please fire the guy who played the same two songs in a loop into my ears over and over again for 1 hour 28 minutes while I was waiting for the next available sales rep.

I am not complaining about the long waiting time. I understand that you guys were busy. I had a feeling that you did this on purpose just to get rid of some of the impatient people waiting for they turn. 

Next time Please play something nice and relaxing, It doesn't have to be a song. You could play the sound of the metronome with some advertising every now and then.

Thank you again for the 10GB data. I am happy! I hope my next plan will be unlimited data like the ones already offered in the US and Europe! Keep up the good work!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 87 of 487
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Mysticone

Its was i did for the regular $85 plan under this promo. As i am on a 2yr term. And it says it doesnt incur charges by just changing plan pricing during my term.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 88 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 1 1uvakind
I'm a Participant Level 1

Everyone has the $50 plan also, the $50 plan is unlimited local calling, while the $60 version is unlimited Canada wide calling.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 89 of 487
I'm a Participant Level 2 rob14

OK thanks. I had the same questions as @riqis  and @cpinetworks4 since I just changed my plan on fido.ca. @FidoNick thanks for your help, it's been impossible to get in touch with somebody at Fido all day, hopefully the plan I signed up for is the plan I actually wanted and I'll have 10GB of data as long as I'm with Fido.

Cheers!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 90 of 487