10GB for $60/mo promotion

SOLVED
riqis
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was looking to switch to this plan. Do I just select the 5GB Pulse plan option for $60 and the bonus 5GB will be added for the next 24 months? It doesn't mention the bonus anywhere once I get to the final checkout. Wanted to be sure I'm selecting the correct plan. Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion

Solved by Former Moderator FidoNick

Hey everyone! I wanted to provide an update that we have regarding this offer Smiley

We're aware that some customers may be missing the 5GB bonus, but there's no need to worry!

At the moment we're working on adding the missing data for everyone who's impacted! We're also going to be adjusting all overages (up to 10GB) Smiley

There's no need to contact us, all of this is done automatically on our end! Very_Happy

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
486 REPLIES 486
credmau5
I'm Experienced Level 3

I just switched over the phone but it only shows 5GB as well. He assured me it's 10GB. Just want to confirm?

Dataop

I think if you can just go online and change to the 60 dollar plus pulse plan first because if 2 moderators on this post said we will get it we should take their word for it. Plus other users even managed to contact customer service agents and they assured it will be 10gb although it still says 5gb since these convos are recorded I wouldn't worry about not getting anymore. Plus it is still in the midst of promotion so they may be focusing more on dealing with the people applying. I would say maybe just apply first then call them to inquire about the 5gb.

Merry Xmas

riqis

@FidoRanya

Thank you for the response/clarification. I also wanted to check if email confirmation of plan changes are being delayed becuase of the voume. I managed to get through to make the change using online chat but haven't seen a confirmation yet. They indicated my change would occur once my billing cycle ends which will be in a few days. 

spykids933

Hi, I was looking to switch to this plan. Do I just select the 5GB Pulse plan option for $60 and the bonus 5GB will be added for the next bill? It doesn't mention the bonus anywhere once I get to the final checkout. Wanted to be sure I'm selecting the correct plan. Thanks.

FrozenCanuc
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I tried to upgrade my current plan to this 10GB for $60 per month plan several times between 11p.m. and 1 a.m. but the site did not let me do it. 

I tried it from my Android phone using the Fido app, I also tried it from my Windows desktop computer using Google Chrome and Firefox browsers. I tried it through my Rogers Home Internet and I tried it through my Fido Mobil Internet as well.

VJBeach

Any response to this? I'm having same issue.

FrozenCanuc

Update! I successfully upgraded my plan online last night. When I woke up this morning my account showed only  5GB data. I called Fido at noon, I was waiting for 1 hour 28 minutes for the next available customer service representative. I told her I want the 10GB Data. She said no problem I will change it for you. I did not get the 10GB just by changing my plan online. I actually had to talk to somebody the get that extra 5GB bonus data. Now my account shows 5GB Fido Pulse + 5GB bonus. See screenshot!

screehshot.jpg

birdieman

@FrozenCanuc I think you are the only one that get the 10GB reflected right away as I was told by Fido Rep that it will not showed up on MyAccount until the bill cycle which is a couple of days away. As I checked this morning, I am still with my old plan and usage information.

arnicx

How is everyone able to switch their plan? I am unable to do so using My Account as it shows me the following message

"We're working to improve this experience, but to continue right now you'll actually need to connect with us in person."

Calling 611 or online chat is not working either.

Svoiss
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've tried calling twice. Both 1 and 45 plus wait times and call gets disconnected. 

FrozenCanuc

I also got this email from BestBuy. If you have problems to get this plan online you can try it at BestBuy.

promotion.jpg

FrozenCanuc

My last post in this thread: I remember last year there was a similar promotion around this time of the year just before Christmas for about 3 days, The promotion was repeated a week later again around December 31st. If would not be surprised if the same thing would happen again this year.     

pettipja
I'm a Participant Level 1

I can't seem to change my plan online, and the phone services are down. Please help!!

Verinica123
I'm a Participant Level 3

I’ve been with Fido for over 13 years (and 7 active lines - 4 which are cellphone plans) with the best plan offered on the market at the time. With this new promotion it gives me 4GB extra data and costs less.

my question is, since anyone can sign up for this promotional plan, are there any incentives for existing customers stay with Fido (like an extra discount as a valued customers), especially when you have other companies that offer the exact same plan! What holds me to stay with Fido?! I know that there is a company that offers the exact same thing for $50. Any company would love to have me as their customer with the amount of lines I have.

1uvakind

Everyone has the $50 plan also, the $50 plan is unlimited local calling, while the $60 version is unlimited Canada wide calling.

kikotan

i'am trying to get this plan starting this morning. is there any priviledge for a valued customer. i want to change my plans.1st line contract was finished last november and second line is not on a contract basis. what should i do to get this promo for both of my two numbers?i tried to do it online but system is not letting me.

ahmadjr

Is there official confirmation from Fido? I changed it last night but just worried it might not be added to the account. 

Checkedem

download.jpg

FrozenCanuc

I received a text message from Fido at 3:30 a.m. confirming that my plan was upgraded.

I logged into my online account but it only shows 5GB for $60 / month not 10GB.

FrozenCanuc

Hi Fido Pamela

Please ad me too to the list of people who want to get the 10GB for $60 / month plan.

Thank You!

LostDingo

Hi,

I also changed my plan to the 10 GB one but am not showing the bonus 5 GB on my account. Any assistance would be appreciated! Just hoping it gets added later automatically or something.

Thank you!