10GB for $60/mo promotion for existing FIDO customers

SOLVED
azfron
I'm a Participant Level 2

Is this promotion available for existing Fido customers? Even those currently in a 2-year plan?

I tried calling but no it says to call later since they're probably bogged down with callers.

I tried live chat but I waited for hours only for a representative to connect and the disconnect right away.

Even the page after you click "Change Plan" states "Page Not Found".

What am I left with to contact Fido??

Accepted Solution

Re: 10GB for $60/mo promotion for existing FIDO customers

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @azfron

Welcome to the community!

The plan is available to existing customers.

If you are currently in a contract you will have to pay off your tab in order to switch to the $60 10gb BYOP plan and the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) plans are not eligible for phone upgrades.

Alternatively you can also get the $85 10gb version which you can get a phone with and depending on the type of plan you have now you can switch to the $85 plan and not incur any fees.

You just have to be patient and keep trying.

View solution in context
64 REPLIES 64
trevorc
I'm a Contributor Level 1

When will the text description be updated to show 10GB included with this plan? Mine only shows 5GB and no addon data is listed. The counters show 10GB though. It would be much better to either - show 10GB in the plan details like I've seen screenshots of for everyone, or show the 5GB free addon as $0.

My Koodo and Telus lines have the plan named as a 10GB also. The way Fido has it seems like they will jerk us around and decide to charge for the "bonus 5GB" at some point.

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi @trevorc I agree and Yes seems that Fido left the bonus open brings a possibility that bonus would vanish as there is no limiting terms ..unless you got a new phone at 0$ then the plan attach to 2 year therefore restricting you're ability to select a lower plan* would have to keep higher/similar plan (5Gb or higher). Here is my 2cent! As the market gets more and more red hot and better for us Canadians it is unlikely that bonus 5Gb would go short term. Hence, Fido as to follow open market to keep customers! By reading contract paperwork indicates the non commitment to long term I believe it's actually a benefit to have it month to month in that sense you can walk out but If you were lock on now to 10Gb then higher commitment on us part would need to be kept. Also they always have a way out as provider.. in which ever contract you have Fido can change it's service at anytime. Best regards dude! happy New Year Smiley

Hi @trevorc!

Since the original plan includes 5 GB and the extra 5 GB is a bonus, it won't appear in the plan description. You'll be able to see the bonus in your bill details as well as in the usage tracker. I'll forward your comments to the appropriate team. Smiley

Tammygar
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I’m furious by this promo, as I’ve been paying $100 for that exact plan for a year now, and of course Fido didn’t think to reach out to ppl with this plan in place and still overcharged me.

I have been with you for almost 15 years, and this is how existing customers are treated? 

I did call on several occasions ( by several, I mean 5-6 times a night trying to get through) and was unsuccessful. The phone hung up or I was on hold for well over an hour.

@azfron wrote:

Is this promotion available for existing Fido customers? Even those currently in a 2-year plan?

I tried calling but no it says to call later since they're probably bogged down with callers.

I tried live chat but I waited for hours only for a representative to connect and the disconnect right away.

Even the page after you click "Change Plan" states "Page Not Found".

What am I left with to contact Fido??

What are my options as a loyal customer that you’ve kind of overlooked?

Hey there @Tammygar,

Rest assured, we truly appreciate your loyalty.

We had an overwhelming response to this promotion and understand that not everyone was able to take advantage of the limited time offer.

Luckily we have lots of great deals available for our customers, especially around the holiday season.

I'm sending you a PM right now so we can go over your options together Smiley Happy

Chat soon!

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

@Tammygar if.you are on the plan 5Gb pulse lock and have about a year remaining at the contract price (I suppose you have signed for 2 years) 

wouldntit be nice for you should get an upgrade your phone via fidelity department ?? they could work their magic to adjust your plan. (I.e. LG G6 $85) if not other options.

I know its quite frustrating service was not well prepared. 

Best to you in the new year!

Masticust
I'm a Participant Level 3

Yes.

alcarr

Yes. Was trying to get thru by phone but it was either dead air, or customer support was closed as of 3:30 PM PST yesterday and there was no option on my account for the plan

sid1

Fido,

So much for being with you for 11years. Your customer service is terrible. Unknowelegable staff is promising stuff that they are not aware of and then they dissappear and next agent will explain something else and you have nothing to prove the previous talk.

I am out of contract - three days ago an agent removed my loyality plan (which can not be reinstated) saying that she was enrolling me in $60 plan. Since then I have lost my data plan, $60 plan has not gotten into affect, and I can not reach customer service, neither I see $60 plan option on the website.

You should be embarressed as an organization and owe an apology to all the people out there wasting their time to reach you.

paulmann81
I'm a Participant Level 1

yes

Taihung

yes

BiscuitHayes

Yes

Taihung

Try two days still no luck. Fido just make a terrible mistake. It just tell all the customer avoid them.

Sukh5

Hello, I am trying to change my plan to the $60 - 10GB byop, couldn't reach any rep in the call centre and also couldn't choose it on the My Account for the whole day too. Can anyone help?? THANKS!!

a28

@Sukh5 wrote:

Hello, I am trying to change my plan to the $60 - 10GB byop, couldn't reach any rep in the call centre and also couldn't choose it on the My Account for the whole day too. Can anyone help?? THANKS!!

Nice work!  You know what I mean.

Sukh5

any luck?? 

tintin1979

I had to go to best buy at 945pm as all my attempts to call Fido were unsuccessful. Long holds and then eventually i was hung up on. After 1 hr I am no longer a fido customer best buy could not upgrade my fido plan on their side all I could do was go to Rogers to ensure i get this offer. So Fido you messed up. We should have had the ability to order this online or You should have had the call center open longer You lost many customers today 

a28

Hello, I am trying to change my plan to the $60 10GB plan, couldn't reach any rep in the call centre and also couldn't choose it on the My Account for the whole day too. Can anyone help??   THANKS!!

john36

Okay I paid off the balence on the hardware i.e. "downgrade" and choose a random BYOP plan as instructed. Now I have no option for the 10gb for $60 plan and have lost my old plan. 

ClaudeV

I am having the same issue Will fido offer this plan retroactively to customers who are unable to get through to a rep to upgrade to this plan