10% no contract "10% rabais sans entente" credits

I'm a Participant Level 3 unknownman1234
I'm a Participant Level 3

10% no contract "10% rabais sans entente" credits

Hello,

I believe I received this promotion sent by email (unfortunately, can't retrace in my email mailbox) around end of 2013 or beginning 2014 stating that I get a 10% on any fido plans as long as I don't get any contracts. I would like to change my plans as my needs has changed. Will the credits (or discount) be lost if I change plan?

Thank you,

Accepted Solution

Re: 10% no contract "10% rabais sans entente" credits

@unknownman1234

Thanks for the great question from what you explained sounds like the 10% no contract discount was on standard plans at that time. If you change your plan and this is the case you will loose the 10 percent but since then we have came out with bring your own phone plans which are cheaper per month. On avg about 10 dollars.

By choosing this option though you'd be responsible for purchasing your own device.. Can use those Fido Dollars if you have them:)

Hope this helps:)
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Former Moderator FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey there unknownman1234! Welcome to our community forums! 

How are you today?

I can't say without looking at the promotion, I'll send you a PM and we can look over your options together Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 13
Fido Employee Fidocares12
Fido Employee
Solution

@unknownman1234

Thanks for the great question from what you explained sounds like the 10% no contract discount was on standard plans at that time. If you change your plan and this is the case you will loose the 10 percent but since then we have came out with bring your own phone plans which are cheaper per month. On avg about 10 dollars.

By choosing this option though you'd be responsible for purchasing your own device.. Can use those Fido Dollars if you have them:)

Hope this helps:)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted

Hello FidoCares12,

That is what I thought at first. But to my surprise, i was able to switch my old plan to a BYOP and still keep my 10% discount. I guess that it still works as long as I don't have an agreement.

Thanks for the post!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 3 tedespino

Hello ,

Why is suddenly my 10% discount on my billing suddenly dissapear and my bill jump up , i have no contract for how many years .

Thanks, 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 13

Hey @tedespino

Can you clarify what the 10% discount was for?

Did you receive any bill notice about changes to this discount? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 13

i lost my 10% promotional discount

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 13

no i did not receive any email that change my billing and i don'y have any contract.

Thanks,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 13

Do you know which promotion you got that gave you a 10% discount? Is it possible that this was something that was offered for a limited time?

Don't hesitate to reply to our PM if you'd like us to take a closer look into your account. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 13

Hello fido,

i would like to change my current plan (Fido Pulse BYOP 40$ plan) to the BYOP plan at 35$ (currently with a promotion double the Data), which brings to 2GB. I wanted to know if i will still keep my 10% no contract discount?

If yes, may i do it online or should i contact with a fido customer rep. to ensure the transition without harm on my discount?

thank you!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 13

Hey @unknownman1234,

The 10% discount was offered on older plans once the agreement was over, before we were offering BYOP plans, to lower the price of the plan once the subsidy had been paid on the phone.

Since we have the BYOP options now that are priced lower than the other plan categories and that you can change to once your agreement ends, the 10% discount is no longer offered and would not be compatible with the $35 BYOP plan.

If you'd like to go ahead with the change of plan, you can proceed through your online account or we can send you a PM right here to change it for you.

Let us know what you prefer.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13

Hello @FidoClaudia

The first paragraph of your explaination does not apply to my situation as the 10% discount was given to me when i brought my phone and choose a plan with no agreement (no year contract). You may refer to my message conversation of this posting in may 2016.

At that time, the 10% was still good as long as I do not get to an agreement. My concern is to validate whether FIDO still honor their 10% discount on the latest BYOP plans.

please advise.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @unknownman1234

The promo can only be guaranteed if you keep the plan. 

Since such discount is not available with newer plans, it would be removed if you were to switch. 

The main reason behind that is that that specific discount was offered on plans available both with and without agreement. When you didn't have an agreement the 10% was there to reduce the price since we were not giving you a subsidy on a phone.

We now have a brand new category for Bring Your Own Phone plans that are already reduced so that there is no need for a separate discount. 

Hope that helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13