10 gb for 60 bucks for existing customers

remcdonald
I'm a Participant Level 2

So is there a way to switch to this if you are already a Fido customer on a 2 year plan. I am was thinking about switching to a corporate offer I have (a girl talked me out of it a few months ago because my cancellation fee would be high) but this is a better deal and I would prefer to switch to it. I tried on my account but it only give me some other offers that don't make sense for me.

Ryan

12 REPLIES 12
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

@remcdonald wrote:

So is there a way to switch to this if you are already a Fido customer on a 2 year plan. I am was thinking about switching to a corporate offer I have (a girl talked me out of it a few months ago because my cancellation fee would be high) but this is a better deal and I would prefer to switch to it. I tried on my account but it only give me some other offers that don't make sense for me.

Ryan

yes you can but you wont get it for $60 bucks.

think of it this way, the plan actually is $85 for 2year terms, but if you brign your own device and never want to get a discounted hardware upgrade from fido ever, you can pay $60 a month, but they can only sell you full price for the phones so that means iphone X for $1500 and not the discounted 2 year price, makes senses no?

Bob5535
I'm a Participant Level 3

same problem, cannot make contact w/ any  FIDO customer support --- trying to switch on line and the plan doesn't even show.

big let down by all the major Canadian wireless companies, create quite the buzz but can't handle the influx of attn the offer created.

hoping someone from fido can help sign up as I've been trying for the past 48hrs and cannot get any help

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @remcdonald!

Welcome to the Community!

If you've already tried to change your plan, contact us so we can help you with your request. 

Bob5535

the plan does not show when trying to change on line and cannot get thru calling in, step up your game fido

@Bob5535 wrote:

the plan does not show when trying to change on line and cannot get thru calling in, step up your game fido

The plan will show as $60 5gb that's the plan you need to select.

The other 5 gb will automatically be added by Fido, it can take up to 2-3 billing cycles for it to be added but it will be added.

ankitmayur
I'm a Participant Level 1

I tried to get 10gb plan online. I selected the 5 GB Fido pulse plan for 60$ online which promises extra 5 GB, but it only shows 5 GB after the change. My friends went to Fido store they were able to get 10GB plan through store. When my wife asked to verify our plan, he said that as my plan was changed online and I only have 5 GB, he cannot change it anymore and he does not get a popup to add extra 5 GB.  

I tried calling customer care but the customer care is hanging down the call without going on wait. I am not sure about whether i will receive extra 5 GB or not.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@Bob5535 wrote:

The other 5 gb will automatically be added by Fido, it can take up to 2-3 billing cycles for it to be added but it will be added.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@Bob5535 wrote:

Bob5535

it's a joke, spoke to a FIDO store rep, acutal store rep, because i'm currently paying more than then $60m they can't help ----  have to go in person to a FIDO corporate store or keep your luck phoning in  .... 

as per rep --- their telling ppl to switch to another provider due to the high demand and popularity of the plan. 

"it'd would be easier if you switch proivder as we cannot guarantee we'll be able to help by days end"

what a F'n load of **bleep** FIDO

whose going to reimburse me for my past 3 days 

Bob5535

this is a complete load of **bleep** FIDO ---- rolling this plan out must mean you guys are hurting in the mobility industry yet your losing more customers due to fact you can't handle an influx of inquireies, did you guys think no one would jump on this offer. 

been trying since Dec 15 and no luck ---- FIDO lost 3 memebers of my family and I'll be #4 

thanks for nothing

remcdonald
I'm a Participant Level 2

Trying to contact you guys been on hold for over an hour now almost an hour and a half really hope someone picks up soon.

ranger9c
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@remcdonald wrote:

Trying to contact you guys been on hold for over an hour now almost an hour and a half really hope someone picks up soon.

At least you got through, wasted most of the day yesterday trying to get help. C'mon fido you knew you would get over run with calls and obviously you didnt have enough staff. Offer should be extended! I have today off so ill try again. not holding my breath

Hi @remcdonald,

Did you try changing the plan online from My Account on Fido.ca? 

NathanJ
I'm a Participant Level 1

I tried to change my plan online but received an error.

image.png