$10 Protection Plan questions.

SOLVED
Toffeeman
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello,

I dropped my phone today while walking, and the screen cracked. The phone still works, but the screen is simply cracked to the point of being able to cut an uninformed user. I do not like my phone being able to cut me, so I turned to my $10 a month Fido protection plan.

It it says they fixed cracked screens, but it's not so simple? I've had to make phone calls to many different places such as the Fido support centre, but they've been no help. So I've turned to the forums.

(Actual Question) 

Does the $10 a month Fido Protction plan cover cracked screens for free? Or do I have to get a whole new phone?

I have an iPhone 5s Galaxy Grey. I've already looked at ASURION choice, any other options than paying $240 dollars more for a brand new phone instead of simply fixing my screen?

Thank you advanced, Toffeeman.

Accepted Solution

Re: $10 Protection Plan questions.

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerryB

Hi Toffeeman,

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Sorry to hear your screen cracked, I just had the same issue a few months back so I totally get it. 😕

As for the device protection, you will need to contact Asurion so they can replace the phone. They don't do repairs for screens only exchanges for the same or similar model. You can always check their website by clicking here: www.fido.ca/servicerequest

The 2nd option would be to go a repair store to get the screen fixed if you don't want to go trough the phone replacement. The screen replacement fee will vary depending on the store you choose.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
cboyca
I'm a Participant Level 3

The BEST PART is $200 deductable that the fido reps fail to disclose when you buy the protection, Buyer beware read your contract. I had a cracked screen on my iphone 6s and they will not repair anything. It is strictly a replace program for any damage. 

FidoTerryB
Former Moderator

Hi Toffeeman,

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Sorry to hear your screen cracked, I just had the same issue a few months back so I totally get it. 😕

As for the device protection, you will need to contact Asurion so they can replace the phone. They don't do repairs for screens only exchanges for the same or similar model. You can always check their website by clicking here: www.fido.ca/servicerequest

The 2nd option would be to go a repair store to get the screen fixed if you don't want to go trough the phone replacement. The screen replacement fee will vary depending on the store you choose.

Hope this helps! 

p.s The replacement fee for iPhone is 200$.