10 GB spike in 2 mins?

I'm a Contributor Level 2 moth5
I'm a Contributor Level 2

10 GB spike in 2 mins?

On Friday I got a text msg from fido stating I have used up my data for this month and I have gone over , and I will be charged $100 for this ! I have 6 gigs per month , I know I have used 1 ,so far . According to them , I suddenly downloaded 10 gigs. In 2 mins . On my  Phone's log it says I have used 3 gigs of data since its last reset .talked to fido to straitened all this out . But they tell me I have to wait for the new bill comes out before they do any thing .2 weeks !!! I got the phone checked out at the apple store , it had a clean bill of health and I had them send me the report . Just so fido doesn't say it's your phone is the problem . So now I can't really use my data plan , because its just going to add up ,, of corse I'm not going to pay that bill , but watch it go to collections

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 3 austinofdoom
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: 10 GB spike in 2 mins?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Kholi28
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi I had a 9GB so far this month. These guys a not fetting a penny out of me without a complaint under the consumers protection act and without thier name on the news. This guy at customer service had the never to tell me that its my phone and they got nothing to do with it other than the service that was provided and used. He went on to say google iphone problems and complain to apple. Apple should ban fido from distributing thier product if they cant have thier back at times of fault. Apple you could do better!! Fido shareholders please its time to fire your CEO! Dont worry dude just wait until they make the news and this things gets viral on twitter and facebook! We will eventually get our money, depends how much of an embarasement they want to go before doing it
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8

bro  i  say we pull  our resouces , and start something , thru  facebook and twiter .make some public awareness ,and BTW , my  10gb data spike, happend on  the same day  that  the fido  was servicing  the system  nation wide, coincidence? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Kholi28

I filed a complaint with CCTS you can do it at

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/complaints/service-providers

im sure more complain they get the stronger the case will it be if we had to take it to industry Canada
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 since2004

I got my bill for September/October and on a random day I got charged for using a gig of data; not 10 gigs like you guys, but for someone who barely uses 500mbs most months, a gig in a day is CRAZY! Plus, it's costing me a little over $50...

Anyways, thanks for this thread! I will also be filing a complaint now.

I spent 2 weeks calling fido and being told "someone will contact you in a few days to resolve this issue", then eventually I call them back and get the same response. Today, spoke to a manager who was no help. Said I could always pay a little bit over $300 and leave fido if I wasn't happy. AND he kept trying to get me to admit I used the data... said if I agree that I used it and will not file future complaints regarding data usage, he'll refund me 50% of the $50 that I was charged for that gig... I told him if he admitted that it was a fido error, I'd take the 50% and forgive fido for the mistake. We were at an impasse and he refused to issue any refund.

I am so glad there is someone I can complain to! I feel cheated!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8

UPDATE!!  after weeks of calling ,explaining  my story ,knowing i never went over , had the phone checked by apple ,,,they did reverse the charges. but only  after i  said that i believe that  the upper manegment , were trying to get rid of people that  still had a grandfathered plan of 6 GB. no one offers that  now ,Not to  mention  that the manager i spoke too  told me that  they  are aware  that  there is a problem with  the IOS6 ,and i should reset my phone to  use an older IOS (which you cant do any way). i told them  , if they are aware of a problem  why havent they informed thier customers?I compaired it to the tainted meat scare. if the company is aware of a problem  , and they dont inform the public , its on them .

and i am sure any judge would agree with  that  .this has to  go  public . 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 2 MarkWilhelm
I'm a Participant Level 2

Before you guys go about raging over not knowing how to monitor and use your smartphone. Purhaps you should maybe take a look at background usage, like there may be an app running that your not aware of...

And I doubt the Apple Geek Squad would even have the slightest clue that something like that was running since they are only really given guidelines and basic tech training. Hence why they usually just replace phones rather than repair them.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8