cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-888 Number is down

PJ-Edm
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I keep getting a busy signal when I call the 1-888-481-3436 number or 611 from my phone.  I'm in Edmonton.  Can't get any service.  This is unacceptable to me as a paying customer.  Anyone else experiencing this?  When will service be up?  Pawel J.

29 REPLIES 29

sbarned
I'm a Participant Level 3

Customer service at it's finest... 

My wife's LG phone stopped working, she got the blue screen of death, we upgraded online to an I Phone.  We have yet to receive the new phone and are currently being charged for AppleCare+ when we don't even have the phone.  We cannot get to anyone over the phone through the 1-888 number or Fido live chat.  I just get a busy signal and no one ever responds to my inquiry on the Live Chat.

I'm not impressed with Fido at the moment

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for your patience, the contact tools are not down, we're simply overwhelmed by the demands. Which means, all the lines are busy, all the chat slots are busy and we're receiving more demands through social media than our team can handle. 

This created longer delay for everyone. 

If you've sent a PM/DM on FB or Twitter asking about the promotion, we'll honour it, simply wait for a reply. If you're a new customer that has never reached out in PM/DM before 12.18.2017 11.59PM, it's now too late to have this promo. 

If you're an existing customer, we're extending the promo until 12.19.2017 11.59 PM. 

DrSly

Way to go on the customer service, Fido. I've been a client with multiple lines for a number of years, and a client of Fido since before Rogers acquired the brand. I'm thinking ot ditching all three lines. I'm sure that competitors have Holidays specials for switchers?

tdotphone

It's still down. 

- Their 1888 is down.

- Their online plan change option is down.

- Their online chat options is down.

nunesnancy
I'm a Participant Level 2

So what do we do here I can’t get a hold of them all day.. 

tdotphone

and their *88 is down. 

It's 9:20pm EST. It should still be working and it's not. 

sonia00

I've been trying for hours now!, This is a really big piss off.. Someone please contact me!!!!!

Ismail2050

same here, i want that 10 GB deal, but they aint picking up and when u go online, to change the plan it gives you error. what kind of the service is this, all my friends with bell and telus are getting this awesome deal and i am left alone by fido. Holly God screen.PNG

yukichan
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

try calling *88 instead of *611.

i got through on *88 within 5min.

Cdn_Rogue

you mean the 1888 ?

yukichan
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

no...*88. it apparently the Chinese hotline but when I called, it was answered by someone that spoke English.

barely any wait time.

Try that..

SV65
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

*88 seems to only stop my call forwarding option according to the header that somes up after you dial *88.

Do you mean hit *88 AFTER if by a miracle get into the 1-888 number?

I've been answered with the 1-888-481-3436, but I'm now in the music loop for the past 13 minutes along with periodic promo messages that break up the music once in a while.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

just a fyi, chinese is probably their second language, they probably all speak english too.

yukichan
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Didn't sound like it.

but it worked.

so i'm fine with it.

i had my plan changed already.

Frodo4eva

Same!

Very frustrating. Im trying to upgrade my plan and the promotion ends today!

Geez.

clegros

Hopefully my 4 hour Live Chat window will have a Rep connecting soon. This is ridiculous.

I called a few times time and have always a "busy" signal.  I get it that everyone is trying to call in and they are swamped at the call center.  Maybe they should consider extending the promotion/offer past today ?? Otherwise a lot of existing Customers will be very unhappy, and they could risk losing some of us.

nunesnancy

Yes that would be great!!! 

Iceman1981

Same here. It's down.

Aj1111

I swear to god if I don't get to talk to a rep today I will leave this company. I've been with them for well over 10 years. I want to talk to someone and they can't get back to me. I get it, it's busy everyone is calling bla bla bla. I pay $100/month, been doing it for a long time if I am not taken care of I'll go pay someone else for their service. 

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

The word on the street is All the wireless providers are extremely busy today, not just fido, but ALL of them, my buddy was waiting 2+ hours on the line with Bell Mobility