cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop the unwanted advertising

StopBarkingDogs
I'm a Participant Level 2

How can I suppress advertising that comes thru the Fido app every Thursday?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @StopBarkingDogs 

Welcome to the Community Smiley

If you don't want to be notified of the new Fido XTRA offers, you can turn off notifications for the MyAccount App.

StopBarkingDogs

That remedy is not effective. I had Notifications off, but when I checked the Fido app today, there was a message flag ("1" in a bright red circle) demanding my attention. The message was trying to sell me earbuds ("Get 60% off earbuds").  Total waste of my time, and an unwanted distraction.  I don't mind a monthly reminder to pay my Fido bill, but I don't want a weekly advertisement or any other time wasters.  I want to switch off all advertising messages in the Fido app.  How??

Hey @StopBarkingDogs

It's not possible to turn off messages about Fido XTRA offer inside the MyAccount app. Thanks for your feedback though. 

mb33
I'm a Participant Level 1

Then please make it possible?  Why do we have to suffer these irrelevant and distracting ads if we don't want them.  Fido is not paying us to watch advertising, we are paying them for cellphone service.

Lumber

I agree, we are not paying Fido to needlessly interrupt us. We need to be able to unsubscribe from ads.