"..., on us." isn't

"..., on us." isn't

"..., on us." isn't

SOLVED
thePoodleFarmer
I'm Experienced Level 1

"..., on us." isn't

image.png

When I use a databyte and it ends, I get this message to my phone. Late last year I was updating my wife's AppleTV box, and it was going slow as you would expect for an AppleTV that hadn't been updated in over 5 years. So when I got this message I said "OK" and accepted the gracious offer of "... another data session on us". "On us" usually means it isn't just one of mine, but an extra one from FIDO. Like when you go into a restaurant and they bring out a basket of rolls "on us". I don't expect to see a "basket of rolls" on my bill at the end of the evening. I wasn't paying much attention, until after the third one and I noticed my little doghouses were going grey. Lots of them in one day. I only just thought I would say something because I was using a databyte today and the message popped up. Thought now was a good time to suggest a change in wording might be advisable. "... on us." isn't really when it goes on to say "Open the My Account app to use any remaining sessions."  meaning my remaining sessions. No real harm done to me, now that  I understand what it means. That doesn't mean it couldn't be worded better.

Accepted Solution

Re: "..., on us." isn't

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @thePoodleFarmer,

I understand what you are saying in regards to the "on us" keep in mind the 5 free hours is on Fido it's not something we pay for it's a free added bonus for being an eligible Fido customer that's why the message says "Want to start another data session, on us?". 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @thePoodleFarmer,

I understand what you are saying in regards to the "on us" keep in mind the 5 free hours is on Fido it's not something we pay for it's a free added bonus for being an eligible Fido customer that's why the message says "Want to start another data session, on us?". 

thePoodleFarmer
I'm Experienced Level 1

Thanks for that explanation. You get so used to having the 5 extra hours that you begin to treat them as an entitlement, and forget that they are a bonus.

🐩

FidoNick

Hey @thePoodleFarmer!

The extra hours of data are available in 1-hour periods, 5 times per bill cycle! You have 5 sessions you can use and if used for tethering the speeds are slowed down which could explain the delays in updating your Apple TV.

I hope that info helps! 

thePoodleFarmer
I'm Experienced Level 1

Apple TV update time wasn't due to data speed. It just takes it's time to chew and swallow a packet before getting the next one. Very small box, and had 5 years of packets to digest. Even my desktop running Win10 can take most of an hour to do a monthly update, but most of that time is spent grinding away internally with spurts of data. 

Of course, maybe that all changes. Rogers Tech was here bright and early Sunday morning to install new Internet25 wireless broadband for rural customers. 500Gb of data at an affordable price. Hopefully that will take the load off having to use our FIDO phone databytes just to maintain our technology. Using them as a bridge until high speed broadband arrived was most appreciated. 😘

🐩