fido my account app on wi-fi

I'm a Contributor Level 1 youareherewithm
I'm a Contributor Level 1

fido my account app on wi-fi

To someone who works at fido: why is the fido my account app not compatible with wifi? Makes no sense to me. Please explain

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: fido my account app on wi-fi

Hey community!

We've done tons of changes to the Fido app recently so I thought I'd update this thread Smiley

It's now possible to log in to the app if you're on wi-fi, as long as you're registered for Fido.ca! If you have account holder access, then you'll be able to view your bills, check out usage, and more!

That said, using the app off wi-fi won't require you to log in but you'll be limited to only checking out usage.

Hope this info helps out!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

The Fido app works by reading your SIM/cell phone information to display your account info.  That way you do not need to 'sign in' as you do with fido.ca.

One good thing is that any data read through the Fido app does not counts towards your data allocation. In theory you can have the $35 no data option and still use data free through the Fido app, but I DO NOT RECOMMAND this action.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Hi Youareherewithm,

Wufai is right! There is no charge for data consumed by application usage. For technical reasons, the wifi must be OFF and Cellular Data, ON in order to use the app. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm a Contributor Level 1 youareherewithm
I'm a Contributor Level 1

thanks - good to know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Solution

Hey community!

We've done tons of changes to the Fido app recently so I thought I'd update this thread Smiley

It's now possible to log in to the app if you're on wi-fi, as long as you're registered for Fido.ca! If you have account holder access, then you'll be able to view your bills, check out usage, and more!

That said, using the app off wi-fi won't require you to log in but you'll be limited to only checking out usage.

Hope this info helps out!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5