cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enable Touch ID for the Fido MyAccount app

blau97
I'm a participant level 3

I am unable to turn on the function for Touch ID to authenticate my credentials on the app. Whenever I try to do so, it immediately logs me out and I have to log back in everytime to view my bill. 

9 REPLIES 9

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @blau97

Welcome to the community Smiley 

That definitely doesn't sound right. 

What kind of phone are you using? 

If you're using an Apple device, you would be able to see if the apps are set up with touch ID in the settings. 

You would simply need to go to Settings >Touch ID & Passcode > Other Apps 

At that point, you will be able to see the apps that are set up with touch ID. 

Let me know if that helps! 

blau97

Hi,

Thanks for your warm welcome.

I am using the iPhone 8, however, the steps that you mentioned do not exist on the device.

Is there any other way to enable Touch ID on the app? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail as well. I really think it is a technical issue that tech support will have to figure out sooner or later, because there are a lot other issues on the app that make my experience already very frustrating.

Hey @blau97

Are you on the most recent version of the app?  Also, you say you get logged out when you try to enable touch ID, do you mean that you get sent back to the login page or does the app crash and you need to open it again?

Let us know! Smiley

blau97

Every time I try to enable the Touch ID setting it automatically logs me out and returns to the home page. The app doesn’t crash or anything though.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @blau97! Thanks for getting back to us Smiley

I've just tested it on my iPhone and it did seem to work. Can you try to completely uninstall the Fido app and then install it again? 

Also, please check if you have version 3.7 of the app (that is the latest one)

Let us know!

blau97

On another note now, I actually cannot log in to my account on the app anymore despite using the latest version (3.7) of the app. I have uninstalled and installed it back many times already without any success. Each time I try to log in now, the Error window comes up with the message saying "Your session timed out". Essentially at this point I cannot view my bills anymore or change any settings without being able to log in anymore.

IMG_1953.PNG

Hey @blau97

This just happened after you installed it back?

I also have these questions for you :

• Are you able to log on Fido.ca?
  • Do you have the latest iOS version installed (12.1.4)?
  • I see you tried on Wi-Fi, does the same thing happen if you try with your Mobile Data?

Let us know Smiley

blau97

Yes this is a reoccurring thing that has been happening for the past week now. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times already with the latest version of the app but it still gives me the same message. I am still able to log into Fido.ca with no problems at all, and also have the latest version of iOS on my phone as well. I tried logging with my data  instead of Wifi and the same time out message still appeared on my phone. 

Thanks for that @blau97!

We'll send you a PM to take a closer look. Smiley

Talk to you soon!