LG G3 question

I'm a Participant Level 3 hdawnparratt
I'm a Participant Level 3

LG G3 question

Hi,, I am hoping someone can help me. When I open up my email and my sister sends me videos of my new neice,, I want to download them and then view the video.  It says they go to my download but then I cannot view them,, or half the time they are not in my download folder?? I tried looking online but can't find the solution. Can anyone help me??

Heather 

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G3 question

Download an app that recognizes mov files. Try the app Video Player for Android. The specs say it plays mov files

Does this play the video?

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
MVP
MVP

@hdawnparratt wrote:

Hi,, I am hoping someone can help me. When I open up my email and my sister sends me videos of my new neice,, I want to download them and then view the video.  It says they go to my download but then I cannot view them,, or half the time they are not in my download folder?? I tried looking online but can't find the solution. Can anyone help me??

Heather 

Hello Heather,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with videos on your phone. When you say you cannot view them, do you mean that they won't play? Or they are not listed in your download folder? I do not have an LG G3, but from my understanding there is no dedicated app for video -- they are played through the Gallery. Is there an option to list videos in Gallery?

Do you know what format the videos your sister sends you are? When my sister sends me videos of my nephews, the are all MOV files. I don't think the LG G3 (or apparently any android device for that matter) can play MOV files 'out-of-the-box'. The native player only supports MP4/DviX/XviD/H.264/WMV.

If this happens to be the reason why you can't view them, then you have a couple of options. First, you could download a video player app that does support MOV files. Or, you could convert the MOV files to one of the supported ones, but you would probably have to convert them on a computer and then transfer them to your phone.

You also mentioned that sometimes 'they are not in my download folder'. How are you searching your download folder? Are you using the native My Files? You might also consider downloading another file managing app. I'm not sure if the videos would 'show' with My Files if the MOVs are not supported.

I hope some of this helps! Best of luck!

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8

I can find my files in my files manager folder but when I click on it it says cannot play video unsupported file type,,, they are mov files

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Fido Employee Rob_Fido
Fido Employee
Solution

Download an app that recognizes mov files. Try the app Video Player for Android. The specs say it plays mov files

Does this play the video?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

I went over my data the day I got the phone, so will try to download the app tomorrow at work when I am connected to  wifi Smiley  will try thanks,,, will let you know if it worked.

Heather

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8

Any updates hdawnparratt?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8

I did download video player and I did get it to work,, so thanks so much Wink

Flag this to a Moderator