Is there an app or setting that will let a BB share it's data over wifi?

I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Is there an app or setting that will let a BB share it's data over wifi?

I know other phones like iPhones and Androids have this, and if I am considering a BB, this would be an important feature.

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there an app or setting that will let a BB share it's data over wifi?

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Any & all Blackberry with OS version 7.1 & higher are compatible to tether or use the device as a mobile hotspot.

To be able to access such feature please follow the steps bellow:

Blackberry Qs & Zs  models:

- Settings > Network Connections > Internet Tethering or Mobile Hotspot. (turn it ON)

(the phone will provide you with a password so to share your Internet from a different device)

Blackberry Bold & Curve (settings may vary depending on the model use, please check your manual)

- Settings  > Network & Connections or Manage Connections> Mobile Hotspot connections

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

OS 6.1, which isn't out yet. So simply put, for now, no it is not possible. (Unless you connect the phone to your computer then share that connection to your wireless router, but that's getting complicated for nothing)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Thanks Wicky

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Fido Employee fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Any & all Blackberry with OS version 7.1 & higher are compatible to tether or use the device as a mobile hotspot.

To be able to access such feature please follow the steps bellow:

Blackberry Qs & Zs  models:

- Settings > Network Connections > Internet Tethering or Mobile Hotspot. (turn it ON)

(the phone will provide you with a password so to share your Internet from a different device)

Blackberry Bold & Curve (settings may vary depending on the model use, please check your manual)

- Settings  > Network & Connections or Manage Connections> Mobile Hotspot connections

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4