Google Wallet: When is it going to be available @ Fido (Canada - Nexus S)

I'm a Participant Level 3 Arkguil
I'm a Participant Level 3

Google Wallet: When is it going to be available @ Fido (Canada - Nexus S)

Title says it all. Currently no way to have Google Wallet install on a Stock Nexus S without Rooting. 

Does Fido have any news on the Google Wallet Deployment plan in canada? When are we going to be able to finally use that NFC on our Nexus Phones?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Google Wallet: When is it going to be available @ Fido (Canada - Nexus S)

Hey Arkguil!

We unfortunately do not have any information on when this service will be made available in Canada. I would suggest that you contact Google for more information as they will be the ones releasing it.

If you do contact them, let us know!
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey Arkguil!

We unfortunately do not have any information on when this service will be made available in Canada. I would suggest that you contact Google for more information as they will be the ones releasing it.

If you do contact them, let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 ALain1234
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the GNX. I was in the USA last week with an AT&T SIM card. I was able to setup Google Wallet with my canadian credit cards and it worked GREAT!!!

Upon my return to Canada, after replacing the AT&T SIM with my FIDO Sim, the Wallet ceased functionning!!!

If I put the AT&T Sim back in, it works great - the problem is obviously FIDO! Please help FIDO.

Note: The message I get trying to access Google Wallet is :
"Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network" - We know where the problem is!

Thanks for getting on board with this Fido.

Alain
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
I'm a Participant Level 1 peckgfx
I'm a Participant Level 1

What's the status on this ? it's almost 2014 now and this still doesn't work. When going on the google Play store, there's a message saying that my carrier doesn't support Google Wallet.

Is there any progress done, anything on the way?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm a Participant Level 1 Rishi24
I'm a Participant Level 1

Almost 2015, still no nfc sim, still no google wallet, still no tap and pay, unless you're a Rogers, Bell, or Telus customer. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

google wallet (i'm talking abour "tap to pay" as anyone who has a google account has/can have a ggoogle wallet account to use in google play store) is a google service. Nothing to do with Fido rogers or $INSERT_YOUR_FAVORIT_PROVIDER.

Last time I tried it required US addresse, and proof of identity/residensce for the purpose $INSERT_SOME_US_LAW_OR_REGULATION (you have to submit a scan/photo of an ID with the addresse).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6