GOOGLE maps: Android vs Windows

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 stevethemoleguy
I'm a Participant Level 2

GOOGLE maps: Android vs Windows

I presently drive multiple miles weekly around the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley area. My WINDOWS laptop has been my saviour for plotting my weekly routes visiting clients. As I am constantly adding & removing markers from "My Maps" I require an ANDROID tablet on which to do this as I want to eliminate the laptop "dinosaur" from my weekly travels. I am looking at multiple brands.types of ANDROID tabs to take it's place. Does anyone know whether I will be able to add & edit my google maps within the ANDROID OS.

Accepted Solution

Re: GOOGLE maps: Android vs Windows

Okay had to confirm my suspicions. No problem adding markers to Google Maps on my HTC One M8 running Android 4.4
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hi stevethemoleguy! 

That's a very good question Smiley I'll see what I can find on my end! 

In the meantime, is there anyone on the @Community that can help? 

Thanks! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Just a thought but Google maps being a Google product and Android OS being a Google product leads me to believe you'll be able to do anything on Google maps you could in Windows and likely more. I can't see Google Maps performing better on Windows then on Android. My only caveat is since Android OS is a mobile OS not a desktop OS the feature set could be dumbed down.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Okay had to confirm my suspicions. No problem adding markers to Google Maps on my HTC One M8 running Android 4.4
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hi stevethemoleguy!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. Proac is indeed correct. I'd just like to add that the only thing you cannot do within the Google Maps app is drag/manually identify the route you want to take to the destination, but that doesn't change anything since the app would reroute if you took a wrong turn.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5