cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido app authorization - stuck at authorization code

SladeX
I'm a participant level 2

S7 phone. Changed over from Rogers a few days ago. Can login to fido website and see data, account info, billing etc. When trying to load fido app, it lets me put in my cell number and it texts me an authrorization code and just stalls there. I can't get past this point on the app.

16 REPLIES 16

FidoKenny

Hello @SladeX and welcome to the  Community Smiley

You should be able to access you your account from your app.

Just a question for you: do you log in using your phone number or your email address?

Also, what's the version of the app that you have on your end?

Let me know.

@Sandymctyre: Same question goes for you Smiley

Sandymctyre
I'm a participant level 3

App. Version 3.3.3.4, I deleted and re-downloaded from the play store to try again. The app by default brings up the “your Fido Mobile Number” login, but I have tried both. Email login just spins and remains the same, doesn’t go anywhere. By number, it sends me the Auth Code, then returns “Something went wrong. Sorry, we’ve hit a snag. Please check back later.”  

Sandymctyre

I should add that both my wife’s Motorola Play (unlocked from Rogers) and my son’s LG G6(new Fido activation) have no issues with the app. Just my Samsung S7 Edge...

Thanks for confirming the details @Sandymctyre 

Does it happens when you're on WIFI / Cellular DATA or both?

Sandymctyre

It happens on both wifi and data.

Hey @Sandymctyre

Valeska here taking over Smiley 

Thank you so much for your patience, it is greatly appreciated! 

In this case, we would need to take a closer look at the account. 

I'll be sending you a PM so we can look into this further. 

Talk to you there! 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SladeX

Do you mean that it stalls at the step of actually sending you the code? 

Can you confirm if you've tried connecting to the App on both Wi-Fi and the Mobile data? 

SladeX

Confirmed both on mobile data and wifi.

Hey @SladeX

Any luck with that? 

Keep us in the loop Smiley 

SladeX

It's been a week now, its still not getting past authorization. I receive the text messages with the authorization code, but now when I try to get it to authorize me, it gives an error message We hit a snag.

When I close the app and indicate I do not have a Fido number and try to login, it tells me I DO have a Fido number and says I should authenticate which brings me back to the above.

Sandymctyre

Same phone and same problem as the OP. S7 EDGE, from Rogers. Flipped 3 weeks ago. Tried wifi and data. Same issue. Get the code, but wont authorize. My son's Fido phone set up at same time works no issues.

MKPB

New customer here. Was able to setup the app for my wife and daughter but not working for me. Get the codes but everytime there’s an error. Locked out for 24 hours twice. Able to access the account thru normal login but can’t set other app due to authorization error. This is extremely upsetting. Can anyone help?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MKPB

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Can you tell us if you've tried this with both the Wi-Fi and the Mobile data?

Also, did you get a chance to try uninstalling the App and downloading it again? 

MKPB

I’ve tried everything. With and without wifi, installing and uninstalling the app, Switching off and on the phone. I’ve gone through your forums and it’s not something new. The same thing has happened to quite a few people and whoever is responsible for your app needs to be held accountable. If this thing is not sorted out for me, all 3 of my family are moving to another service provider. If I don’t have a working app, I can’t waste my time going through the whole process of logging in and out, captcha etc if I need to access my fido account. 

Maybe it’s something that’s happening  to every Rogers customer who’s moving to Fido and still has the same number. Do you think, my number is still linked to Rogers for the purpose of accessing the app? I have their app too and I don’t wish to uninstall it because I still have other services from  Rogers.

I need someone to get his/her act together and do something about it.

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That's definitely odd. We definitely want to make sure you can use the app on your line too. 

I'll be sending you a PM so we can check it out together. 

Chat soon! 

Thanks for confirming! 

Just to make sure are you receiving the code when you enter your number? 

If you do receive it, are you getting an error message after entering it? 

Also, have you checked if there were any updates available on the app? 

Keep us posted!