Fido XTRA - not for Internet only customers?

Kalico
I'm a Participant Level 3

So I was on live chat support with a Fido rep and was told that Fido XTRA is only for wireless customers (not for Internet only customers).

Is this true?

On the FAQ in the App, it states that "Fido Mobile AND Internet customers with active accounts in good standing have access to the perks in Fido XTRA."

Is this FAQ just no longer correct and needs to be updated?

FYI my App version is 4.14.1.1 (1262) so I believe it is the latest version.

Thanks for any responses!

6 REPLIES 6
Kalico

Are there any Internet-only Fido customers our there currently getting access to XTRA?

Thanks!

Hey @Kalico!

Fido XTRA is indeed also available to Fido Home Internet customers. Smiley 

If you don't see the option available on your My Account app, can you try to maybe reinstall it? 

Also, can you make sure you're logging in with your email address as the username? 

Kalico

Just tried reinstalling the My Account app and made sure to login with my email address as the username. Still no success.

From screenshots that I've seen, Fido XTRA is accessible through the "Usage" tab (selectable along the bottom next to the "Billing", "Messages", "Support" and "More" tabs). Unfortunately for me, the "Usage" tab is greyed out. I can access all the other tabs except for this one. Is the "Usage" tab only accessible to Wireless customers?

As an Internet only customer, maybe that's why I can't access the "Usage" tab and due to this, also cannot access Fido XTRA under the "Usage" tab?

Is there another way to access Fido XTRA in the My Account app other than through the "Usage" tab?

Thank you!

Hello @Kalico

For the instructions on how to access Fido Xtra, you can find that right here.

Like you said, you should be able to access that by going on the app, through the usage page. From there, you can click on the banner get access to the new perks.

What phone model are you using? Also were you ever able to access it before today?

Kalico

Thanks for your response.

I am currently using a OnePlus 6 phone. I was previously able to access Fido XTRA a few years ago when I was also an Internet-only customer at a different address (at the time I was using a different phone as well).

Since I'm unable to access the "Usage" tab because it's greyed out in the My Account app and there is no other way to access Fido XTRA, sounds like my problem can't be resolved. =(

I doubt the problem is my phone since I can access the other "Billing", "Messages", "Support" and "More" tabs just fine. As well, there doesn't seem to be any issue with my current Internet-only Fido account as my internet service is perfectly fine and paid up.

Thanks again for your attempt to resolve the problem. If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears!

@Kalico

I would like to take a closer look at your account to se what's going on.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Hope to talk to you soon.