cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Account App Loophole??

RMchallenges
I'm a participant level 2

The problem: No matter what I do, I can't access my FidoAccount app once my wifi is turned off, in order to receive my "5 free hours of data"...one per day offered deal on my FidoPulse plan. When I turn off my wifi and try to open my app, I get a message that says that there is no internet connection, and that I am to turn my wifi on...

I have now spent almost 24 accumulated hours of my life on the phone with Fido (call and in-store) representatives. Tonight, after an hour of "yet-again" trying to solve the problem, the representative sent me to AppleCare-1 800 263 3394. They said that there is nothing wrong with my phone. Their representative told me to directly contact the app developer, which is Fido! I was led straight back to the same fido number I've called and spent hours talking to about the problem in the first place...

Apparently, I'm stuck in a never ending loop of a problem not getting solved, my time being wasted, and feeling like I'm at the end of my rope as far as wanting to be a customer of Fido anymore. I've been a loyal customer for over 15 years...that's rare these days.

Is this just some gimmick by Fido to get us to sign up for their Pulse Plan, promising 5 hours of free data and then not really delivering, or is there anyone who can help me get what I have been missing out now on for over a year now...(60 + hours of free data owed to me)

Looking for results someone...

I am always grateful for any assistance,

RMchallenges

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey @RMchallenges,

Welcome on the Community!

I am sorry to learn you're having so much trouble accessing your Data Bytes. I can quite understand your disappointment regarding that, but rest assured Data Bytes are no gimmicks and are offered on our Pulse Plans. I use them on my iPhone 6s every now and then.

That said, we'll do our best to help you right here. Smiley

• Can you confirm if your Apple device has the latest iOS version? You'd need iOS8.2 or newer versions in order to benefit from them.
  • To make sure I understand your situation well, is you cellular data turned on (WiFi is off) when you launch the app?

Let me know.

RMchallenges

Hi there,

Fido decided to give me a new phone (it was time anyway), and I am having no issues with receiving my free data bytes at long last. Thank you for the follow up.

Hey @RMchallenges!

We never heard back, did you figure this out?

One other thing to check is that data is enabled specifically for the Fido app. For some users it is not active for that specific app and this can be what causes this to happen.

Let us know!