Error: This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number.

jabraham
I'm a Participant Level 1

Trying to link my Spotify account via FidoHub, and receiving the following error message:

ATTENTION!
This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one.

Any clue on what I can do to fix this? I don't really want to have to make a new Spotify account.

188 REPLIES 188
olive121
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello 

I also need help with this also.  Can you please PM me.  I tried to use the Pulse 6 month promotion and i think i may have inadvertently subscribed which isnt working anyhow as it has the phone number associated error message that others are getting

Thank you

Hey @olive121

We'll send you a PM in a moment to check that with you Smiley

Skss

Please PM me, having the same issue, thank you.

Hey @Skss!

Has the Spotify account you're trying to use benefited from a Premium subscription in the past? If so, it cannot be used for the promo and you'll have to make a new one.

Let us know if that's the case and we can go from there! 

Skss

I'm not trying to add another promo to my existing Spotify account, I'm trying to get the $9.99 addon associated to my existing Spotify account.

Alright Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look!

udvranto
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having this issue while trying integrate spotify premium via fido pulse to my existing spotify account. I have previously used spotify premium via fido pulse plan with a different fido number. The error I get when try to subscribe and log into my spotify account is this:
"This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one."

Welcome to the Community @udvranto!

I moved your post here, my response above should answer your question Smiley

Let me know!

12dada
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have the same problem. 

The Fido account has 2 phone numbers.

We first activated the Spotify premium 6 months ago with one and now that its expired we try to use the second phone number to activate but it give this error message.

We are using the same Facebook account to subscribe.

"This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one."

Hey @12dada

I just want to make sure I understand the issue here.

If I understand correctly, you had Spotify with Fido for 6 months and it expired.

And you would like activate it again?

12dada

Hello @FidoKenny

We used up the free 6 months with one phone number using the Facebook account.

Now that it has expired, we want to use the other phone number to activate the free 6 months using the same Fb account.

But it wouldn't allow it and showed the error message.

Technically the Fb account shouldn't still be linked because the session has been expired?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @12dada

Thanks for clarifying Smiley .

If the Facebook account already had a subscription to Spotify Premium you will not be able to use it. You will have to create a brand new Spotify account. 

12dada

Hello @FidoRanya

There are no possible way to unassociate the Facebook account with the Fido number and use another Fido number for the Facebook account since the session has already expired?

Thank you for the response.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

It's not possible in this case @12dada ! Even if we were to delink the account  from the other phone number, that Facebook account still had a Spotify Premium membership. Only accounts that didn't benefit from the Premum promo before ( whether through us or through Spotify directly) can get the Premium promo through Fido. 

In this case you will need a new Spotify account or one that has never had Premium! 

12dada

Thank you for the clarification @FidoRanya

Much appreciated! 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Anytime  Smiley @12dada!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @ksen25 & welcome to the Community!

Have you had a Spotify Premium account with us in the past? Or has a transfer of responsiblity been done recently?

Let me know. Smiley

ksen25

I always had Premium through Fido but then when I changed my plan and bought a new phone I only got the 6 months of it at no cost. That has no expired and my Premium downgraded to Free. I'd now like to add it to my bill, but when I went to FidoHub i got the error message.

Hi there @ksen25

Thanks for letting me know!

Just to be clear: were you offered 6 months of Free Spotify, after buying your new phone?

Did you complete those 6 months, or did it expire on it's own before the 6 months ended?

Thanks for clarifying Smiley 

ksen25

Correct, I was offered 6 months of Free Spotify, after buying your new phone.

I completed those 6 months, and now I want to add it for an additional charge to my fido bill.