Cant change Weather location

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 NannyGran
I'm a Participant Level 1

Cant change Weather location

Hi, I'm new to community communication. The AC weather app/wiget on my desktop shows the weather for Kensington Ceder cottage. I have tried numerous times to chang it to the city I live in but it doesn't take
Any help on how to change to proper location would be greatly appreciated. I'm just learning how to navigate my new phone: Galaxy A5

***Edited to add label***

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant change Weather location

Hello NannyGran,

Welcome to the community!

In addition to what FidoCatherine noted above, have you changed the location setting within the app itself? In the AC app setttings, there should be an option to Use Current Location. The app will likely require GPS to be turned on, however, you can turn it back off once the app has identified your location. There should also be ways to Add Locations in the settings.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Former Moderator FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @NannyGran

Welcome to the FidoCommunity =) Thanks for joining!

Are you changing the Location Setting in the phone?

Here's how: 

1) Click on Settings

2) Click on Location 

3) Make sure Location is turned to On

Does anyone else have any insight about this? =)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello NannyGran,

Welcome to the community!

In addition to what FidoCatherine noted above, have you changed the location setting within the app itself? In the AC app setttings, there should be an option to Use Current Location. The app will likely require GPS to be turned on, however, you can turn it back off once the app has identified your location. There should also be ways to Add Locations in the settings.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3