Can the iPhone My Account app be used in the US?

Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Can the iPhone My Account app be used in the US?

I saw the recently update to the iPhone app and it has some neat new features. One of the features that stands out is the roaming usage meter. I was under the impression that the My Account app could only be used while on the Fido network. But for the new feature that shows roaming usage to be really useful, it would have to work while I am away, so as to allow me to monitor my roaming usage. So, can the app be used on foreign networks?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Can the iPhone My Account app be used in the US?

Hello 10yearfido,

As Spy2300 mentioned, the application will work while roaming anywhere in the world, but data would be charged.

We therefore recommend that you get a data travel pack if you are planning to use data services.

The application will work as long as you are not on Wifi.

I hope this answers your question Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

You should be able to use the App as long as you are connected to the internet. But keep in mind that when you use the app it does use internet and you will be billed data roaming to utilize that particular feature.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

I don't think that is right, because it does not work when you are connected to wifi. The app is simply a container for the fido/rogers mobo site, which is only available when on their cellular network.

This is why I wonder about use in the US (or abroad elsewhere), since I wouldn't be on their cell network, would it work? I would be on a cell network, and that network would be their partner, so there is a chance it would authenticate, but not sure exactly how that works.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Solution

Hello 10yearfido,

As Spy2300 mentioned, the application will work while roaming anywhere in the world, but data would be charged.

We therefore recommend that you get a data travel pack if you are planning to use data services.

The application will work as long as you are not on Wifi.

I hope this answers your question Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

if you are in the usa, or elsewhere, you can still check your usage from a computer just sign into fido.ca. heck if you can get onto this discussion forum, you can check your my account usage too.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

The My Account info on fido.ca doesn't show as much information as the iPhone app. For instance, there is no roaming usage shown.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6