cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges receiving International Calls

mpamiesmorera
I'm a participant level 3

I just received a call from France and I was in Montréal. Does Fido charge me extra for the reception of that international call?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

FidoChristina
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mpamiesmorera

Just want to add a little piece to what Kapable-K wrote. Smiley

Whether or not you'll be charged long distance for any incoming call depends on whether or not you're physically located in your own local area. Where the call is coming from doesn't actually matter.

If you have a Canada-wide plan and your local area is all of Canada, then you'll never be charged long distance for any incoming call no matter where you are in Canada.

If,  however, you have a plan with a specific local area (ex: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc.), then these rules apply:

- No charge if you're located in your own area when you get the call

- Standard long distance charges apply if you're travelling elsewhere in Canada and you're not in your local area when you get the call.

*Note that nowadays our plans are Canada-Wide but our older grandfather plans can have smaller local areas.

Also, as Kapable-K mentionned, if the plans have a specific amount of minutes, they'll be used up for the call and overusage rates can apply if you use more minutes that you have incluided.

Hope this clears things up Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mpamiesmorera all incoming calls are free unless you have a plan with a fix amount of minutes then minutes will be deducted as normal you will not be charged extra because the incoming call originated from France.

mpamiesmorera

Thank u so much!

Anytime Smiley