Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience

dtibar
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I’ve been with Fido now for over 8 years. I always pay my bills on time and would consider myself to be a good customer for Fido to have.

i recently was considering upgrading my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X; unfortunately to be able to do this and get the phone at a reduced rate I would have to “upgrade” my plan. I use upgrade in quotations because I would actually get less data, and have to pay more. I think that this is ubsurd! Fido I showing me how much they care about my loyalty by telling me I’ve got to pay more and get less to get the iPhone X at a reasonable price.

i think this customer service it horrible and am now considering finding a new cell phone provider that will treat me with respect.

Regards,

Derek

21 REPLIES 21

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@dtibar wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been with Fido now for over 8 years. I always pay my bills on time and would consider myself to be a good customer for Fido to have.

i recently was considering upgrading my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X; unfortunately to be able to do this and get the phone at a reduced rate I would have to “upgrade” my plan. I use upgrade in quotations because I would actually get less data, and have to pay more. I think that this is ubsurd! Fido I showing me how much they care about my loyalty by telling me I’ve got to pay more and get less to get the iPhone X at a reasonable price.

i think this customer service it horrible and am now considering finding a new cell phone provider that will treat me with respect.

Regards,

Derek

Sorry about your experience; however, I have some questions for you.

Paying bills ontime is everyone's responsibility and does not really make you a good customer.  In addition, cell phone service changes daily due to inflation, cost of license,...etc. Obviously your 8 year old grandfathered plan does not qualify for iphone X subsidity thus Fido "forces" you to change to a more current plan (That's what you get when you buy apple).  Since you have to pay more and get less, you now "claim" that Fido does not treat you with respect and their customer service is horrible becuase Fido is picking on someone who has been with them for 8 years.  

In your situation, the best way to upgrade to iphone X is to buy the phone outright so you can keep your existing plan.  If you don't want to pay that much then iphone X is not the right phone for you.  That's apple's mentality and the "cost" of owning or investing in Apple products.  If you find the phone way over your price range, perhaps iphone X is not the right product for you.  It is not Fido's fault that the phone costs so much. It's apple's pricing strategy to separate out the prestige from the general public.

Lastly, let me remind you that Fido treats all customers equal, regardless of how long you have been with them.