cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@stephenso You should be able to update your SIM card. Do you use your e-mail address as your username when you log in?

Hey 

oceanstar0o!

What's happening when you try to activate your new SIM card? Are you getting an error or do you have a prepaid account?

Let us know and we'll take it from there. Smiley

oceanstar0o
I'm a participant level 2

Yes I have a prepaid account so it doesnt give me the option to do it online as i got a new phone and have to.switch from the old sim to the new sim due to new size.

I'll send you a PM to help with it, @oceanstar0o Smiley

Talk soon!

Ifandi

Hi,

Same problem here. I have a prepaid account,can't do it online as i got a new phone and have to.switch from the old sim to the new one. Can someone guide/PM me how to do it?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Ifandi

This isn't something that can be done online when it comes to updating the SIM card for a prepaid account. You have to go through customer service to have this done.

Sending you a PM to help with this! 

Meijing
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I had to lost my simcard, and buy a new one from the store, how to activate it?

Hey there Meijing!

Welcome to the community. Smiley 

You can activate your sim card on fido.ca/sim ! You just need to log in first. 

If you need help with that, you can always reach out to our customer care and we'll be happy to assist you.

stephenso
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi there, I don't see the Mobile option or the Update SIM Card option after I selected the Service tab.  Please kindly assist.

Thank you.

Hi @stephenso! Here's what you should be seeing:

Do you have any of these options?

eraffa

update my sim card is not there

Hello Eraffa,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have a pre-paid or post-paid phone line? As noted in the solution, updating a SIM for a pre-paid line can only be done in store. On the other hand, if you have a post-paid line, the option to update your SIM should be listed under the Quick Actions on the Mobile page of your My Account (near the bottom of the page).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

sbarvaliya1

asking for old sim card number when i am having a new sim card how do i get a sim number to enter

Hey @sbarvaliya1! Welcome to the community. Smiley

If you still have the old SIM card, the number is written on it. It starts with 8930.....

If you don't, you will have to go to store to activate it.

stephenso

Hi FidoMaria,

That is strange.  I don't have that option under my account.  I have similar options, like my phone number on the very left with the check mark, then "Change My Number", then "Refer A Friend".  I don't have "Update SIM Card" nor "Upgrade My Device" as per your screenshot.

Is it because I am using Fido Prepaid and you are Monthly Plan?  Please kindly advise.

Thank you.

bassma8007

this must be the worst help page I have seen, its all outdated info. they have changed the site and its not relvant, and I can see these options

Hello Bassma8007,

Welcome to the community!

@bassma8007 wrote:...its all outdated info. they have changed the site and its not relvant...

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. The Update SIM Card option is still located in the same place.The only difference is that the tab is Usage & Services rather than just Services. From there select Mobile, and Update SIM Card is under Quick Actions (near bottom of page).

Update SIM.jpg

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

stephenso

Fido Capture.JPG

@stephenso You should be able to update your SIM card. Do you use your e-mail address as your username when you log in?

stephenso

Hi there,

I use my phone number to log in.

Hi @stephenso

I suggest that you sign up using your email address as the username so that you can fully take advantage of all the functions on My Account. 

Let me know if anything.

stephenso

Hi FidoFaiza,

So we need to register a new account with our email address as username and use that account?  

The account with our phone number as username doesn't provide us with full account features?  And we can stop using it in the future?

Thank you.