cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of purchase / Manufacturing warrenty copy

deep3
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have device protestion with Brightstar Insurance with Fido. it was very hard time to get replacement devcie for my lost phone as they said they dont even had a record that i had protection plan. after all back and forth they sent me replacement device. Now when I called Fido to get copy of manufacturing warrenty for replacement device, they said Bright star will provide that info. when i called Brigthstar they refused to provide that info and said contact Fido. As per The Sale of Goods Act (Ontario) I have right to get copy of manufacturing warrenty for the device i received. The Bright star people even said that they dont show any replacement device on my account and when i insisted they looked into it and said this device is under someone else's name. I have no idea what kind of shady opertaion that is.they have no right information in place. They asking me to contact Fido for any furtehr concerns. I ahve no idea where shoudl I go. when i call Fido they ask me to contact bright Star. this whiole thing sounds like a scam. I think I have every right to get proof of purchase or copy of manufacturing warrenty for the device i am using. Please advise.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @deep3

I can understand that nobody enjoys this kind of back and forth, and we want to make sure we get to the bottom of this for you. I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together!