Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Security Update (LG V30) and Oreo ETA

t1mman
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I was woundering when Fido was planning to release the monthly security update (for the V30).

Last update I got was the one when I bought the phone, on boxing day, IE november security update, there've been 2 (almost 3) monthly update since.  Is there plan to release them?

Does Fido have an ETA for Oero on the V30?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

FidoFaiza

Hi @t1mman

This is your go-to page for OS updates. We don't have any info to share at this time for the V30 except that it's coming soon Smiley

Stay tuned!

t1mman

Do you intend to apply monthly security update eventually?

Thanks!

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

If you want monthly security updates, it might be best to get the google Pixel series phones.  With LG, the update release is very spotty. 

Fido does not make any changes to the phone software and they do not hold back software updates (unless there are serious issues with the update - e.g., update renders the phone not usable); however, they will test them to make sure it works. 

Enjoy your Oreo update for your V30 while you can as it might be a long time before you will get anyother update pushed out by LG.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to update this thread and let you know that Android Oreo for the V30 is expected this month Smiley

More info here.

Hope this helps! Very_Happy

@t1mman, the Oreo update will include security updates, and we'll be able to confirm which ones closer to the release date.