cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling on Note 8

Afternoon
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

So I bought a Note 8 from the Samsung store in Canada. Everything works great. Got my fido sim in and it registered along with installed all the beautiful Fido bloatware. I set up the Wifi calling and registered my information for the 911 assistance and then when it comes time to use wifi calling it doesnt work. Anyone else had this issue? it just goes to the cellular network although the option for Wifi preffered is selected and the Wifi connection is strong and present.

23 REPLIES 23

Zxaz
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

Danthemanx.....your just right!! I would understand if it was american phone or any foreigh phone.....but its not the case here....

When i bought my s9+ last spring from samsung Canada...by the way fido/rogers bought from them too.... i remember when i poped my sim in my new phone....had lost volte and the wi-fi calling who was working perfectly with my previous phone s8+...

even when changing my csc code to fido (fmr) it was still a no-go.....from there i knew something was happening!!

Was easy in fact.....to be sure that all phone they dont sell is blocked.....they have put a rolleyes system who only admit imei that are registered in their system.....in fact they could register any phone with the right csc code in it....when calling at fido..the agent dont have any acces to register a phone...only a technical agent can do it....but its forbiden to do it from them....beleave me i have spent many many hours on phone to get aware of this fact...so even if you buy a $$1200 phone they will just not care about their own customer and you'll have these feature blocked...just be aware guy....

That's the true......

Triniking
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

No luck with those tips. They said that  because it's not a Fido phone, that it will never work. I did have my IMEI number added to the database prior to your response and did verify that it has been added.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for updating the Community, Afternoon!