cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Reception

Skim333
I'm a participant level 2

I have an iPhone 6. It's brand new. Every time I am talking to someone, they complain that I'm cutting in and out. It's not because of my location, as it happens when I'm driving as well as stationary. I have another iPhone 6 with a different carrier and there are no problems with it at all. Please help.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Skim333 Smiley

Thanks for joining the Community!

If this occurs everywhere, then it can be one of two things causing this; it can be the SIM card or the device itself.

We always recommend first testing out a new SIM card. You can pass by a Fido store and test your SIM in one of their phones, and if the same problem occurs then it is the SIM card that is faulty. You can also get a new SIM in store and test it on your phone for a few days. If the problem is resolved, then it is the SIM card.

If the same thing does happen with a new SIM,then the issue is with your device. If you've had it under a year, then you can pass by an Apple store and they can get it fixed for you under their one-year warranty! 

Hope this helps Smiley

Skim333

Thanks so much!! I had the sim card replaced, and they reset something while I was at the Fido store. Better than new!!

Hey @Skim333 

That's great! Thanks for letting us know. Smiley 

jlits
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hopefully with the VOLTE issue fixed the reception gets better, I believe it did for me! Happy