Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor
Mischief

adding a cogeco email account to the iphone4

I am having some issues getting my cogeco account set up on my iphone.  I have input the same pop & smtp settings that my email uses into the phone but it can't verify it.  I did manage to get it to work for a few hours.  i was able to receive mail but not send.  Any ideas??

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mischief

Re: adding a cogeco email account to the iphone4

Nevermind..it finally decided to work.  thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
Community Manager (Retired)
FidoErin

Glad to hear it's resolved Mischief!

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Sandy

How are you outgoing settings set. I am with cogeco, fido, and iPhone 4 and I have messages stuck in my outbox all the time. Help!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
GregToronto

That is odd.

Usually outgoing automatically sets itself when you add accounts. I have added several email clients and never changed any of the settings.

Try deleting the Cogeco email account on your iPhone and then adding it again. Just remember your password for the email that you are setting up. The Cogeco server should send the settings to your iPhone automatically. If that does not work, call Cogeco for assistance. Fido cannot help you with third party services, especially ones that they don't sell.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Canadian4evr

You could always turn off the Cogeco SMTP server in the advanced settings and just keep the default Fido SMTP server on.... Cogeco's SMTP is **bleep**... 50% of the time it won't let you send e-mails unless your iphone is connected to Wi-Fi using a cogeco internet connection. Just turn off the Cogeco SMTP for peace of mind that it will be reliable. Your e-mails will still show your normal e-mail address, they are just being sent by Fido's SMTP server.
Please use plain text.