Visitor
alsim

FIDO SMTP on IPHONE NOT WORKING ANYMORE WITH MAC MAIL

Was using Iphone in thetering mode to send email via Mac Mail. Did work flawless untill friday june 10th...and now, it does not find the Fido SMTP server anymore....what is happening??

Please use plain text.
Former Moderator
FidoJudhy

Re: FIDO SMTP on IPHONE NOT WORKING ANYMORE WITH MAC MAIL

Hello alsim,

Do you have a 1 GB or more data option in your account? Do you have the latest iPhone iOS and iTunes software?

I would suggest trying to delete the e-mail settings and to set them up again as it sometimes help.

Let us know how it goes!
Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger!

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
VinZb0

It seems to happen today too, as I am not able to send emails out.
Please advise ASAP
Thnx
Please use plain text.
Diamond Emperor
Paolo

[ Edited ]

double check that you are using Fido's smtp server for sending: gprs.fido.ca not your mail provider.

Also if possible, try to use imap over smtp if it exist with your mail provider too.

Regards,

I'm NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and don't represent the views of this website. If you like my posts, please give it a Thumbs Up
Please use plain text.