cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card won't activate?

oxanag
I'm a participant level 1

I tried to activate my new SIM card today online but it says "Unfortunately, we are unable to update your SIM card at this time. Please make sure you provide a valid (never used) SIM card number or try again later." 

Why is this happening? 

***Edited to add labels***

17 REPLIES 17

rominarahmani

i tried to activate my new sim card and it says invalid number even though i'm sure i have entered it correctly. Sad

Hi @rominarahmani

Welcome to the Community!

I'll help you with that Smiley I've just sent you a PM. 

Nadia5

I tootried to activate my new sim card and it says invalid number even though i'm sure i have entered it correctly.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Nadia5! Smiley

Can you try a different browser and try activating it? It's important to note the SIM card can only be activated on the number you order the SIM card on.

It's also possible that you're having issues if you placed the order with a new phone via customer service. If you're having trouble with the SIM card change, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM. 

biren

I am having the same issue with register new sim card. This is the error message it gives me: "Unfortunately, we are unable to update your SIM card at this time. Please make sure you provide a valid SIM card number or try again later." 

Please advise if there is any technical issue going on with fido website in regards to register new sim under your account.

Hi @biren

Thanks for reaching out! Can you try a different browser and try activating it?

Doesn't seem to be any ongoing issue on Fido.ca at the moment for activating a new SIM card: it shoudl work!

It's definitely important to note the SIM card can only be activated on the number you ordered the SIM card on.

It's also possible that you're having issues if you placed the order with a new phone via customer service. If you're having trouble with the SIM card change, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM. Keep us posted!

DeRoSo
I'm a participant level 2

Howdy,

I got my new phone and new SIM card and I just tried to activate the new SIM card and the old SIM card appears to be not valid even though I just took it out of my old phone which is working fine.  How can I activate my new SIM card?

Hey @DeRoSo!

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

I've moved your post here as I believe some of the suggestions here might help. 

Let me know if ever you still need help with that, I'll be happy to PM you. 

DeRoSo

Hey there.

I've tried 3 different browsers. A desktop a computer, a tablet, my old phone, and my new phone. Same message. My old SIM is not valid.

Any other help would be fantastic.

Did you order the card online @DeRoSo

If so, can you confirm you're activating the new SIM on the phone number it was ordered? 

DeRoSo

@FidoRachel wrote:

Did you order the card online @DeRoSo

If so, can you confirm you're activating the new SIM on the phone number it was ordered? 

Hi Rachel.

Yes I did everything online.

I used my old phone with the old SIM still in it to try and activate my new SIM number.  My phone number has never changed. Am I supposed to put the new SIM in my old phone so that it matches the active phone number?

Thanks! 

I'll send you a PM, I'll be happy to take care of it for you @DeRoSo

jasonhu

I have the same issue. How to solve it?

Hi oxanag & pmvdvorst, were you able to activate your SIM card after all?

I’ll send you a PM jasonhu.

For future references, you can reach us via Facebook  or Twitter for account related issues.

pmvdvorst
I'm having this same issue. How did you resolve it?

Hi pmvdvorst,

Were you able to update the sim card number? 

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Were you able to update your SIM card? Have you tried contacting customer service?