Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor
Alexandros

Internet Settings for Blackberry Bold 9000 on Fido and all other settings I may require?

Settings Help please???!!!

Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
spegs

Re: Internet Settings for Blackberry Bold 9000 on Fido and all other settings I may require?

[ Edited ]

Alexandros wrote:

Settings Help please???!!!

Hi Alexandros.

First of all, make sure you call Fido at  1-888-481-FIDO (3436) or 611, free of charge, from your Fido. Tell them that you are using a Blackberry Bold 9000 and ask them to send you the service books and follow their instructions (rebooting the phone etc..)

Once you've done that go into options>advanced options>TCP/IP

Check the box that says APN Settings Enabled

APN: internet.fido.ca

Check the box that says APN Authentication Enabled

Username for APN: fido

Password for APN: fido

Press the return button and click Save when prompted. Reboot Phone.

Make sure you Register your your Blackberry. Open your browser and go to fido.blackberry.com

Complete the registrations.

Next, open options>advanced options>host routing table

Open your menu (press the Blackberry button) and select Register Now

You won't see the phone doing anything, you can exit the menu and within a minute or so you should get a message from Blackberry saying Phone Registered.

Next, open options>mobile network

Make sure Data Services are set to ON

Mobile Network should say Fido (or Rogers)

Network Selection mode Automatic

Network Mode 3G&2G

Reboot Phone.

You will also want your Blackberry operating software to be up to date.

Make sure you also install Blackberry Desktop Software on your computer.. You can find the latest version here

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp

Once downloaded run the softare and connect your Blackberry via USB.

In the Blackberry Desktop Software select the Device dropdown menu and select Update.

Your Blackberry should be working like a charm! Remember, Fido does not yet support MMS messaging on non Fido Blackberry handsets. Everything else though should work. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Support this forum and the people who help you. Remember to click Like for answers or questions that help you.

Also, if your questions has been answered click Accept as Answer so others can easily find it.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager (Retired)
FidoErin

Re: Internet Settings for Blackberry Bold 9000 on Fido and all other settings I may require?

Thanks spegs!

@Alexandros

Have you contacted Fido? Do the internet settings help you out?

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ajii

I called fido twice, and they just end up cutting the phone line on me.. Can I just follow these steps?

Please use plain text.