Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
peterbuckley1
Accepted Solution

android.process.acore has stopped

I am getting the message that android.process.acore has stopped every 20 seconds or so on my LG-P705g.  Can anyone tell me what I can do about this?

Please use plain text.
FidoStephen

Re: android.process.acore has stopped

Hi peterbuckley1,

Did you do anything to the software on the phone before this started happening? Are you still experiencing this or were you able to get it fixed?

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
peterbuckley1

No, I didn't consciously do anything to the software.  I've only had the phone for a few months, and I've never done anything to the software.  Now it's impossible to place a call, although it will still receive a call.

Please use plain text.
Former Moderator
FidoJudhy

Hello peterbuckley1!

Have you tried a factory reset on your phone so far? If not, I'd really suggest that you do as it may help.

@ Community: Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger!

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
peterbuckley1

Yes, the factory reset did solve the problem, but it is not much of a solution because android is too dumb to segregate ones data from its executable code.  The result is that the data is deleted as well as the code and one is left with a fairly useless toy that is no match for an old style cell phone.

Please use plain text.
Welcome

Welcome to the Fido Community Forums! A place to discuss questions related to Fido products and services.

To get started, click here.

Be sure to check out our:

Pour nos forums communautaires en français, cliquez ici.