Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Advisor
dfkls

Motorola RAZR HD Jelly Bean 4.1 update available

[ Edited ]

Some Canadians with the RAZR HD are getting the notifications for the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update today.

Not me though. It still says up to date on 4.0.4. Sometimes with other devices you can force an update by deleting some app caches etc., but I haven't bothered yet. I'll try again later when my phone is charged up.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
drapz

Re: Motorola RAZR HD Jelly Bean 4.1 update available

Good to hear I haven't got my notification yet either.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
xonims

yeah! my boyfriend got his and i'm just waiting for mine. im pretty jealous right now:smileytongue:

do they only release a few at a time or something?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
dfkls

Yes, that's right. Not everyone gets it at that same time. Presumably that's to lighten their server load.

Mind you I just got that iOS 6.1 update today no problem, and the server load for that is several fold higher.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
TiGr1982

[ Edited ]

I'm in Toronto and I've got my OTA upgrade this Thursday. Probably, everybody will get the upgrade during February, but now it seems to be released selectively - now, some people are offered the upgrade, some are not yet.

My guesses are

1) Now the upgrade is released rather randomly for some subset of people

or

2) People frequently checking for upgrade, get it first. I was interested in it and I checked for it nearly every day in January before I received it.

Some noticeable changes in 4.1.2 in comparison with 4.0.4:

- Overall the interface runs somewhat smoother, as is promised by Jelly Bean

- Lock screen fonts and style are changed

- Notifications are improved

- Sleep mode is gone (not present anymore in the menu appearing after holding power button)

- A bunch of different menus are changed - some options are added here and there, some options are removed

- People (phonebook) now has white background

- In the status bar, the earphones with/without microphone are distinguished, each having its own icon

Fixes noticed by me:

- Skype now works through loudspeaker, as it is supposed to, not through earspeaker

- HDMI video output now works properly for video shot vertically

Battery life behavior seems to be unchanged in my case - 1 day of heavy usage, 2 days of light to moderate usage, around 3 days in standby on a single charge.

Firmware build itself is dated Dec 20, 1012, assuming that it took Motorola and Rogers/Fido a while to test it before OTA deployment (which is a good thing).

Overall, it's a step forward with respect to 4.0.4.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
dfkls

Still nothing here.

Frequency of checking doesn't seem to matter. I've been checking several times a day since the first release and still don't have it. It's pretty irritating actually.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hoodfan

Re: Still nothing here.

FIDO has pushed out the JB update to the RAZR HD. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the new features, due to an OLD 'feature' of the Android OS-----

BIG NOTE. If you use encryption, back up before doing the update, and perhaps consider turning encryption off before the update.

Your decrypt password will not work after the update from ICS to Jelly Bean. The suggested 'solution' from searches I have done since, is to do a factory reset!

This is NOT a new problem, and apparently existed with the update, over a year ago, to ICS. This is beyond lame....

I came from the walled garden to Android with the RAZR HD.  I had done numerous updates to iOS without any such problems. When the next big thing comes out this summer, from the folks who provide the walled garden, I will be moving back to the walled garden  - because it JUST WORKS.....

Please use plain text.
Visitor
xonims

Re: Still nothing here.

got mine yesterday evening :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Audiomaze

I just updated mine today, although I seen the update was available for about a week. can't comment on Jellybean yet as I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Looking forward to see how it is compared to ICS.

Please use plain text.
nexussvictim

Still waiting in Quebec City...

Called Motorola to get some info on the rollout and they told me that the rollout should be complete by now, and thus they had no explanation why I am still waiting...weird.  They told me to try doing a factory reset and then try again.  Did this to no avail; I'm still on 4.0.4.

Please use plain text.