Occasional Visitor
i95stan
Accepted Solution

unlocked Fido iPhone won't recognize Fido SIM card

After using my phone with an AT&T SIM card in the US, I have no servicewith my Fido SIM card when I replaced it. What can I do?

Please use plain text.
FidoStephen

Re: unlocked Fido iPhone won't recognize Fido SIM card

Hi i95stan,

Did you get the official unlock of your phone from Apple? If so, I'd suggest contacting them to see about having it unlocked again. It sounds to me as though it may have locked itself to AT&T when you inserted the SIM. 

Let us know. 

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
i95stan

Actually, I used the phone on Fido for several weeks after it was unlocked. Then I left for US and put in the AT&T card.

Stan

Please use plain text.
FidoStephen

Yes, I understand that.
Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
i95stan

ok, I took it into Fido, and the SIM card was dead. All is working now

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor

Where did you get your AT&T sim card? What plan did you use? How good was the service? Do you have an iPhone 5? Sorry for all the questions but I have used Roam Mobility which use T-mobile and it's ok but I wanted to try AT&T. Any advice would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.