Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
liu
Occasional Visitor
liu
Accepted Solution

Does FIDO unlock iphones after the contract finished?

i heard about this all the time.

is there anyone got his phone unlocked ? just want to confirm if this is true.

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

Re: Does FIDO unlock iphones after the contract finished?

Yes, once your contract is fulfilled they will unlock it for an additional $50, assuming your account is in good standing (no outstanding bills).
Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
DawnMM

[ Edited ]

I bought Iphone5 with full price for 3 month,How can I unlock it

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

DawnMM wrote:

I bought Iphone5 with full price for 3 month,How can I unlock it

If you paid full price, then Fido would have agreed to unlock it 3 months ago when you bought it. Just call them now and request the unlock. They will charge you $50 if you qualify and then do the unlock over the phone.

Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Former Moderator
FidoStephen

It can also be done via chat, email and in most of our stores now.
Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AlexT514

So no free unlock even if it was bought full price from Fido?

always more money going into Fido's pocket...!

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
DawnMM

I have paid 50 for unlock,should I wait for the email that let me know when I can unlock my Iphone?

Please use plain text.
FidoStephan

Hi there DawnMM,

The code was supposed to be given to you verbally over the phone once you paid the 50$ unlock fee.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.
Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

FidoStephane wrote:

Hi there DawnMM,

The code was supposed to be given to you verbally over the phone once you paid the 50$ unlock fee.

iPhone unlocks don't use an unlock code. The unlock should have been performed by the Fido rep while the customer was still on the phone with them.

Please use plain text.
FidoStephan

You're totally right 10 year,  forgot about iPhone,

Please use plain text.
Welcome
Welcome to the Fido Community Forums! A place to discuss questions related to Fido products and services.

To get started, click here.

Be sure to check out our Community Guidelines.

Pour nos forums communautaires en français, cliquez ici.